Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Expected Guest
Lens: smc PENTAX-F 35-80mm F4-5.6 Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Tulsa OK, my own backyard nursery ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/20s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: NatF, 12-09-2021, 04:14 PM

This photo is a picture of a poncirus trifoliata sapling grown from seed (label C, group A) from fruit that came from one of the oldest Trifoliate Orange plants in the mainland United States. Citrus and poncirus are of great interest to me, and botany is mainly my hobby, but I love taking photos of my plants. I've almost always shot them with Pentax gear, and even this cheap beater lens I got with an old film body does a great job.

On top of my botany hobby, I ran a photo lab for about 7 years, and I shot with Pentax gear the entire time. I've always been a Pentaxian and I love their cameras. Even to this day, I have a small collection of (albeit dated) relatively good condition Pentax gear. It's my favorite brand when it comes to photography and any frequent client of my photo lab was very aware of that.

When I left the lab, I started to do photography with my best friend, and they shot Canon. Unfortunately, the older Pentax gear I was using couldn't keep up. So when I went to buy a new camera, it came down to two choices: A Pentax K-S2, or a Canon EOS M50. The price point was about the same for each body, and they both boasted similar features. Wifi, flip out screen, all the works.... However, two big things stuck out to me. First, the Pentax body was quite old at this point, and image quality wasn't quite as good as the M50. Second, I didn't have much higher-end Pentax glass to shoot with, so the benefit of getting the Canon body and entering into a symbiotic relationship with my partner's gear was too much to pass up, as I'd have access to several L series lenses and high end glass.

Begrudgingly... I made the change.

However, I no longer do photography much with them anymore and when we do, I've found myself lugging around my old Pentax gear more often than borrowing for my Canon body. I just can't give it up. So what I would REALLY like to do is to get myself a new Pentax body, and pass on my Canon kit to my friend, while possibly selling my Canon body to obtain some decent glass for my new rig.

I want to come back! So hopefully I am chosen to receive this K70 so that I can modernize my Pentax rig and get back to being a Pentaxian!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 233
12-09-2021, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good image. Well explained reasons for wanting the K-70. Good luck in the contest.