Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Oaks on Slopes
Lens: SMC Pentax-DA 200mm f2.8* Camera: K-1 ii Photo Location: Sacramento Valley Coastal Range ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: angkymac, 12-13-2021, 03:15 PM

Sacramento Valley western range land hills in remaining light just after sun had dropped behind them.
Still lighted by light remaining in the sky.
Nothing spectacular here; but it brings a sort of nostalgic mystique to folks who have run stock (cattle) in these hills for a lot of years.
A person can wander along these slopes for miles and miles and never see one hillside that looks like any other.
For such folks, it's just "Home!"
Angky

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Views: 244
12-13-2021, 03:38 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Those certainly are rolling hills and well captured as well
12-13-2021, 04:53 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Interesting. I don't know of an area with rolling hills like that. Lots of ups and downs trying to cross those hills. Nice shot. Thanks for posting.
12-13-2021, 05:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful shot. Has the look of peach fuzz. It looks like a great place for a golf course.

12-13-2021, 06:25 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very beautiful, I love these kinds of landscape shots.
12-13-2021, 09:42 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A very nice image showing the natural beauty of the coast range on the west side of the valley. The Texas Hill Country has a lot of similarities although the grasses are much taller here and they are now golden brown. There is a variety of oak species, but here, they have to compete with Mountain Cedar which are invasive to the native oaks and other native trees.
12-13-2021, 09:47 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Interesting. I don't know of an area with rolling hills like that. Lots of ups and downs trying to cross those hills. Nice shot. Thanks for posting.
These kind of hills just go on for hundreds of miles along the West Coast. Most people express extreme boredom when they drive the Interstate 5 that follows them for a long way. Not boring at all to me; every hill is different!
Thanks for the note.
Angky.

---------- Post added 12-13-21 at 10:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mahanpots Quote
Beautiful shot. Has the look of peach fuzz. It looks like a great place for a golf course.
That peach fuzz look comes from pretty steady grazing. Also from the kind of grasses that have only a very short growing season before the hot summer hits them.
Golf courses? Indeed, a lot of people have created golf courses around these hills.
Angky.

---------- Post added 12-13-21 at 10:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Very beautiful, I love these kinds of landscape shots.
To many, these shots are just blah and uninteresting.
I love them too.
Thanks for your observation.
Angky.

---------- Post added 12-13-21 at 10:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
A very nice image showing the natural beauty of the coast range on the west side of the valley. The Texas Hill Country has a lot of similarities although the grasses are much taller here and they are now golden brown. There is a variety of oak species, but here, they have to compete with Mountain Cedar which are invasive to the native oaks and other native trees.
I think the east part of Texas has a lot more summer rain than happens in the West. So the grasses probably do grow longer.
The grass in this image is green because of our first recent rain started the swift sprouting of the annual grasses. They will be brown again by June.
Many years ago, I had some experience with that cedar of Texas. Very densely growing stuff, where i was at.
Thanks for your note.
Angky.

12-14-2021, 08:34 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Sacramento Valley western range land hills in remaining light just after sun had dropped behind them.
Still lighted by light remaining in the sky.
Nothing spectacular here; but it brings a sort of nostalgic mystique to folks who have run stock (cattle) in these hills for a lot of years.
A person can wander along these slopes for miles and miles and never see one hillside that looks like any other.
For such folks, it's just "Home!"
Angky
I like this.
12-14-2021, 10:15 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Reciprocity Quote
I like this.
Thank you for that note.
I'm glad to know that it is pleasing.