Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Blue Jay in Flight (Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primoplan V 58MM F1.9)
Lens: Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primoplan V 58MM F1.9 Camera: Panasonic GH5 Photo Location: Porter, IN ISO: 640 Shutter Speed: 1/3200s Aperture: F1.9 
Posted By: Lmcfarrin, 12-13-2021, 05:21 PM

I feel accomplished to have documented an action shot with a revered and tremendously aged vintage lens.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DC-GH5  Photo 

Views: 476
12-13-2021, 05:38 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shot. It's head looks to be at an odd angle to the body. Interesting image.
12-13-2021, 06:02 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Nice shot. It's head looks to be at an odd angle to the body. Interesting image.
Thanks. The Jay is ascending while peeling away from the camera. This shot is similar to the captured movement from different angle (Samyang 85mm F1.4)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DC-GH5  Photo 
12-13-2021, 06:19 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
..... sequential frame of first image as Jay is traveling out of focus.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DC-GH5  Photo 
12-13-2021, 06:20 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lmcfarrin Quote
Thanks. The Jay is ascending while peeling away from the camera. This shot is similar to the captured movement from different angle (Samyang 85mm F1.4)
Thanks for the explanation and the shot from a different angle. Both are very good.
12-13-2021, 07:02 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Thanks for the explanation and the shot from a different angle. Both are very good.
Thanks
12-13-2021, 09:25 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primoplan V 58MM F1.9" That's quite a title!

The bokeh on that first one looks like a mosaic, crazy. All of them are terrific close shots. You must have "friendly" Jays.

12-13-2021, 11:40 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blues_hawk Quote
The bokeh on that first one looks like a mosaic, crazy. All of them are terrific close shots. You must have "friendly" Jays.
No, not friendly. I wait and am willing to wait for them to visit my feeder two to three times in an eight hour period. They feed in about 5 minute increments. I'm able to increase my amount of keepers by surrounding the feeder with 5 cameras activated simultaneously and remotely. 2 cameras bursting at 30 fps and 3 cameras bursting at 60 fps. Depending on the birds' trajectory of departure, I at times can get two to four keepers between 2 of the 5 cameras each time the birds visit the feeder. 4 cameras works good, but the perimeter is not as tightly surrounded as one may think. 5 cameras, the perimeter is so tightly surrounded no matter where the birds enter and exit is covered. The birds are more aggressive to feed early morning, mid day, and early evening.

---------- Post added 12-14-21 at 12:54 AM ----------

The birds do not like the presence of the cameras, but do acclimate a bit. They scout the cameras by either landing on top of them to inspect them or may fly through without perching on the feeder at top speed (I have a capture of a robin head on doing this). They can feel or hear the radio frequencies. I've on numerous occasions witnessed perched birds flee the feeder upon a half press of the remote. My cameras all shoot silently. The second image (no seed in beak), the Jay is aborting during approach when I activated the remote.

Last edited by Lmcfarrin; 12-13-2021 at 11:55 PM.