Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
An Aerial View
Lens: HD DA16-85mm Camera: K-3II Photo Location: Northern California ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: ToddK, 12-16-2021, 05:16 PM

of the Sacramento River Delta and beyond. I think I posted this previously but quite a while ago. If you look closely, you can see the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance. You can also see the mothball fleet in Suisun Bay.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 409
12-16-2021, 05:37 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

WOW ! Wonderful image. I went on a helicopter ride only once in my life and I hated it (I'm a big guy at 300 pounds and the pilot said he could no longer do stationary flight after I climbed on board ... lol). The light is mesmerizing in this picture.

Regards
12-16-2021, 06:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Stunning shot
12-16-2021, 06:04 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shot!

12-16-2021, 08:01 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I see a marvelous image. I'll have to get this up on my computer screen to if I can see the details that you noted. I agree with Richard, this image is mesmerizing. You just have to look at it and take in the golden glow and patterns displayed within it. Excellent shot. Love it.
12-17-2021, 06:19 AM   #6
Pentaxian

A very interesting shot.
12-17-2021, 01:26 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
WOW ! Wonderful image. I went on a helicopter ride only once in my life and I hated it (I'm a big guy at 300 pounds and the pilot said he could no longer do stationary flight after I climbed on board ... lol). The light is mesmerizing in this picture.

Regards
Thanks Richard! I have flown a few times on helicopters, they are actually a lot of fun. However this was taken out of the window of a Boeing 737 on approach to Sacramento. I am amazed that I could get decent clarity through the window.
QuoteOriginally posted by Fdooch Quote
Stunning shot
Thank you!
QuoteOriginally posted by SelrahCharleS Quote
Nice shot!
Thank you Charles!
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
I see a marvelous image. I'll have to get this up on my computer screen to if I can see the details that you noted. I agree with Richard, this image is mesmerizing. You just have to look at it and take in the golden glow and patterns displayed within it. Excellent shot. Love it.
Thanks Mike! As I was saying above, I was amazed that I was able to get decent clarity out of a Southwest Airline window, and the sun and clouds were just perfect to illuminate all of the water.
QuoteOriginally posted by tncasual Quote
A very interesting shot.
Thank you!

12-17-2021, 07:01 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A scene I have seen a lot!
You've done it up superbly with the sun's golden color, the full water courses, and the bit of haze!
Good catch at a perfect time to show the sinuous water courses.
This was shot around the time we had a pretty good flood here, if I recall correctly.
Very good catch!
Angky.
12-17-2021, 09:55 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
of the Sacramento River Delta and beyond. I think I posted this previously but quite a while ago. If you look closely, you can see the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance. You can also see the mothball fleet in Suisun Bay.
Great shot, almost like an abstraction of a landscape.
12-18-2021, 03:06 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonderful view with perfect light.
12-18-2021, 03:23 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
A scene I have seen a lot!
You've done it up superbly with the sun's golden color, the full water courses, and the bit of haze!
Good catch at a perfect time to show the sinuous water courses.
This was shot around the time we had a pretty good flood here, if I recall correctly.
Very good catch!
Angky.
Thanks Angky! It is a view all of us that regularly fly out of Sac have often seen. However, for once, I took out my camera and took some shots. The sky and time was perfect to pick up the great water reflections.
QuoteOriginally posted by Reciprocity Quote
Great shot, almost like an abstraction of a landscape.
Thank you!
QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
Wonderful view with perfect light.
Thanks Patrick!
12-18-2021, 06:25 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Thanks Angky! It is a view all of us that regularly fly out of Sac have often seen. However, for once, I took out my camera and took some shots. The sky and time was perfect to pick up the great water reflections.

Thank you!

Thanks Patrick!
You're welcome.