Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rapidly . . . . . . .
Lens: D FA 28-105 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Angleton, TX ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: Sailor, 12-19-2021, 08:18 PM

. . . . . . . or is it: Miscellaneous Oddball Parts Assembled Recklessly?

In early October, I enjoyed photographing a bunch of vehicles at the first decent car show I've seen since before the pandemic. I've posted a number of photos from the show . . . . . to the point I became weary of doing so. However, I decided to post this pic of a '69 Plymouth Road Runner convertible, since I'm betting it's a pretty rare beast. Back in the day, I knew a couple of guys with 383 Road Runners, and I remember them as strong performers - at least in a straight line.

Jer

Views: 603
12-19-2021, 08:26 PM   #2
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
love the classic look - has the vintage colours and its just beautiful!
well done!
12-19-2021, 09:50 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
. . . . . . . or is it: Miscellaneous Oddball Parts Assembled Recklessly?

In early October, I enjoyed photographing a bunch of vehicles at the first decent car show I've seen since before the pandemic. I've posted a number of photos from the show . . . . . to the point I became weary of doing so. However, I decided to post this pic of a '69 Plymouth Road Runner convertible, since I'm betting it's a pretty rare beast. Back in the day, I knew a couple of guys with 383 Road Runners, and I remember them as strong performers - at least in a straight line.

Jer

Nice shot Jer! How are you doing?
12-19-2021, 10:19 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Would definitely take up 2 parking spaces.

12-20-2021, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
love the classic look - has the vintage colours and its just beautiful!
well done!
Thanks much!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
Nice shot Jer! How are you doing?
Thank you, Janse. We're doing pretty well - it's been a crazy year, but we're hanging in there!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Would definitely take up 2 parking spaces.
And just think, EM. This car was a midsized vehicle - small compared to my Dad's gigantic '65 Mercury Monterey that he owned at the time.

Jer
12-20-2021, 07:39 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I remember them well. A buddy had a '68 Dodge Super Bee with the 383 and 4 speed manual. Dark green , 2 door post sedan. Lovely car, sounded great and went well. The Super Bee was the twin to the Road Runner. They were relatively low cost, mid sized super cars of their time.
12-20-2021, 08:04 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful car. Love the character.

12-20-2021, 08:20 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not a mopar fan myself (my late dad was a mechanic and he hated them) but I do remember this beast from eons ago. Looks well-maintained!
12-20-2021, 07:06 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful classic styled Roadrunner. Nice image. They were fast cars. A friend of mine had a Plymouth Satellite with 426 Hemi Engine and a 4 speed manual when I was in college. That car was real fast.
12-20-2021, 07:08 PM   #10
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If that's a 69, that would explain why that sort of yellow tone was so commonly found in the decor of the 70s. It looks fine on that car
12-20-2021, 09:54 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I remember them well. A buddy had a '68 Dodge Super Bee with the 383 and 4 speed manual. Dark green , 2 door post sedan. Lovely car, sounded great and went well. The Super Bee was the twin to the Road Runner. They were relatively low cost, mid sized super cars of their time.
Hey, Les - my sister-and-law's husband had a green Road Runner, and it was a bare bones car for sure but pretty darn fast.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Michail_P Quote
Beautiful car. Love the character.
Glad you enjoyed it, Michail.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Not a mopar fan myself (my late dad was a mechanic and he hated them) but I do remember this beast from eons ago. Looks well-maintained!
Hi Julie! My late father-in-law also was a mechanic, and - like your dad - didn't have much use for Chrysler products, either. I've owned a gang of cars from a lot of manufacturers during my long life, but I've never gotten around to buying a MOPAR.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Beautiful classic styled Roadrunner. Nice image. They were fast cars. A friend of mine had a Plymouth Satellite with 426 Hemi Engine and a 4 speed manual when I was in college. That car was real fast.
Wow, Mike - that Satellite would have been a real tire burner!!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
If that's a 69, that would explain why that sort of yellow tone was so commonly found in the decor of the 70s. It looks fine on that car
Yup - pale yellow was pretty popular in those days. In '73, shortly after moving to Boston, my wife and I bought a well-used, '68 Malibu convertible as a second car; it was painted a color similar to that of the Plymouth in the photo.

Jer
12-20-2021, 10:07 PM   #12
Pentaxian

My late father-in-law also was a mechanic, and - like your dad - didn't have much use for Chrysler products, either. I've owned a gang of cars from a lot of manufacturers during my long life, but I've never gotten around to buying a MOPAR.

Jer

Same here. I've had many different makes of vehicles, both import and domestic. I've never had a MOPAR and I've owned vehicles since 1965. Mostly GM, but also VW, Volvo, Ford, Mercury, Toyota.

My son who is 30 something, has only had five vehicles so far, all new. He however is far more diverse in his choice. He has had/has....Chevy truck, Jeep 4WD, Nissan truck, BMW and Yamaha motorcycles.

Les
12-21-2021, 07:18 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Julie! My late father-in-law also was a mechanic, and - like your dad - didn't have much use for Chrysler products, either. I've owned a gang of cars from a lot of manufacturers during my long life, but I've never gotten around to buying a MOPAR.

Jer
Hi, Jer...<haha> Never any mopars in the family stable, not then and not now. Mostly Fords but when I was a kid my dad had a Willys for a few years, until it was stolen. Broke his heart, he loved it. Alas, I have no images of it, except in my memory cells.
12-22-2021, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Same here. I've had many different makes of vehicles, both import and domestic. I've never had a MOPAR and I've owned vehicles since 1965. Mostly GM, but also VW, Volvo, Ford, Mercury, Toyota.

My son who is 30 something, has only had five vehicles so far, all new. He however is far more diverse in his choice. He has had/has....Chevy truck, Jeep 4WD, Nissan truck, BMW and Yamaha motorcycles.

Les
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Hi, Jer...<haha> Never any mopars in the family stable, not then and not now. Mostly Fords but when I was a kid my dad had a Willys for a few years, until it was stolen. Broke his heart, he loved it. Alas, I have no images of it, except in my memory cells.
Les and Julie - you guys prompted me to think back to cars I've owned since the '64.5 Mustang I got when I was 17 back in spring of '64. I've had 3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 6 Chevies, 3 Toyotas, 6 Mazdas, 1 Acura, 1 Honda, 1 Nissan, 6 BMWs and 4 Porsches. Lot's of memories - and depreciation (!) - to think back on.

Jer
12-22-2021, 01:51 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Les and Julie - you guys prompted me to think back to cars I've owned since the '64.5 Mustang I got when I was 17 back in spring of '64. I've had 3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 6 Chevies, 3 Toyotas, 6 Mazdas, 1 Acura, 1 Honda, 1 Nissan, 6 BMWs and 4 Porsches. Lot's of memories - and depreciation (!) - to think back on.

Jer
I daresay, Jer, that we're of the same generation. But I've not had nearly that many cars, and all have been Fords, including the current 16-year-old Focus with 220,000 miles on it. Was in decent shape until the end of October, when a punk texting at 50mph lost control of his father's van and crunched the right rear quarter panel , sent me (also driving at 50mph) spinning into a thankfully wide grassy median. Ugly, but drivable.