Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Yummy!!!
Lens: Vivitar 135/2.8 Camera: Canon EOS 600D Photo Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: ghpicard, 12-20-2021, 09:31 AM

This has been taken in the backyard of the building I live in. It's a densely populated area so any small piece of nature is a joy to behold.
I currently shoot with an old and battered Canon 600D. A K70 would give me the benefit of increased ISO sensitivity for my astro pictures and on-body stabilization for the rest of them. As most of my lenses are manual (and vintage), the IBIS would be a huge advantage on my current setup. Besides, I would be able to be a fully entitled member of the forum

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 600D  Photo 

Views: 252
12-20-2021, 12:06 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice image! These are a species of conures, I assume. It looks like there is plenty to eat for them there. Good luck!
12-20-2021, 07:42 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Those two need to invite some friends over to help with that food supply. Nice colors and nice shot. Good luck.
12-20-2021, 08:06 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Very nice image! These are a species of conures, I assume. It looks like there is plenty to eat for them there. Good luck!
Thanks!
This is not a species of conures native to the region, so I suspect they are descendants of escapees or of birds "freed" by people that bought them as pets but later found that conures are noisy .

This two are just a couple out of a flock of 8-10 that use to come when the palm tree fruits are ripe. There are several parks around where they can get some sustenance from, too.

12-21-2021, 01:46 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Those two need to invite some friends over to help with that food supply. Nice colors and nice shot. Good luck.
Thanks for the kind comment. Their friends joined in a little while later, but there's plenty for many of them to eat for many days. There is almost no competition for those fruits, as palm trees are not native to the region.