Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Hotel Viru (Tallin, Estonia) -- former KGB surveillance station
Lens: Olympus 17mm f/1.8 Camera: OM-D E-M10 III Photo Location: Tallinn, Estonia ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/80s Aperture: F9 
Posted By: walterthedog, 12-21-2021, 12:44 PM

I was in Tallinn for just a short time. I had to leave before it got dark, so I wasn't able to get a shot of this bar illuminated by the "fairy" lights (which would have ramped up the irony, given the location). So I converted to B&W and added a healthy vignette, hoping to add a dash of retro KGB claustrophobia to the otherwise happy scene.

Why would a K-70 improve my kit? For starters, I no longer own an ILC camera. I have a Ricoh GR, which is _very_ nice for many of the photos I take...
[] But it's not weather-sealed.
[] While the GR has a decently fast lens, and can be used for portraits, you need to get very, very close to get good results.
[] Even with landscapes, sometimes you need more reach than a 28mm equiv lens. The GR starts with a nice sensor, but the more you crop, the fewer your pixels.
[] ...with an ILC, you can use a longer lens, and I'm curious to try the K-70's 'pixel-shift' for enhanced resolution / lower noise

Happy holidays, everyone, and good luck to all entrants!

Chris (aka Walterthedog)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M10 Mark III  Photo 

Views: 237
12-21-2021, 01:06 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thatís a great shot. Good luck to you too.
12-21-2021, 07:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice shot. Good luck, I'm sure you could put the K-70 to good use.