Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Lonely Oak On Steep Hill
Lens: HD Pentax-DA* 200mm f:2.8 Camera: K1-ii Photo Location: California-Sacramento Valley Hills ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: angkymac, 12-26-2021, 07:54 PM

Wintertime--
Tree's leaves gone.
Grass's leaves are green.

I have a puzzlement. This image is blurry; the original RAW image is very sharp.
Perhaps post processing error? Or reduction in pixel count to enable display on this site?
I'll post it as is, and then work with it to see if something in my processing is causing loss of resolution.
Angky,.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Views: 262
12-27-2021, 07:12 AM   #2
5ks
Pentaxian

Well, ignoring the blur (if there is any), I think this is a stylistic image with nice composition and lively grades of green (turning to yellow, too).
12-28-2021, 11:09 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Wintertime--
Tree's leaves gone.
Grass's leaves are green.

I have a puzzlement. This image is blurry; the original RAW image is very sharp.
Perhaps post processing error? Or reduction in pixel count to enable display on this site?
I'll post it as is, and then work with it to see if something in my processing is causing loss of resolution.
Angky,.
In my experience, reducing pixel count tends to result in an increase in perceived sharpness.
12-28-2021, 02:45 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 5ks Quote
Well, ignoring the blur (if there is any), I think this is a stylistic image with nice composition and lively grades of green (turning to yellow, too).
Yes, indeed, there is a lot of blur compared to the original.
And the greens are just about as close to reality as I was able to make them--darkened just a bit due to exposure adjustment, but intensively green! I think it was the color green that defined this moment for me and caused me to take the shot.
Thanks for your note!
Angky.

---------- Post added 12-28-21 at 03:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
In my experience, reducing pixel count tends to result in an increase in perceived sharpness.
Thanks for the observation.
I've noted a couple of my shots lately where the detail has dropped dramatically from PP to posting.
I'll look into the pixel count matter to see if I can isolate that as a contributor.
Angky.