Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Night light
Lens: smartphone Camera: Realme 7i Global Version Photo Location: home ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F1.8 
Posted By: helmiczka, 12-28-2021, 12:41 AM

1. Share your favorite photo taken between November 25th - December 31st, 2021 (no specific theme)
  2. Tell us what camera(s) you currently shoot with
  3. Tell us what how the K-70 would improve your current kit:
    • Why do you need a K-70 and how would you use it?
    • Is there anything you currently can't do that you'd be able to do with the K-70?
I started shooting with Pentax in 2013. I bought a used K-x and (coming from the point-and-shoot world) I was immediately blown away by its picture quality and low-light performance. I really, really liked that small camera.
But it had it's flaws - over time the exposure accuracy decreased and when I was shooting through viewfinder, I had to bump the exposure sometimes by 1EV.

In 2017 I bought a used K-50. At first it was wonderful - it had the per lens focus adjustment, so I could buy more lenses and have precise focus with every of them - in theory. In reality the K-50 had its own flaws .....
First came the 'demon of the aperture failure'. The aperture started to malfunction very soon, but I found a good technician who repaired it.
Then the camera lost it's ability to focus - either through the viewfinder or through the LiveView, it is not as sharp as it used to be, no matter how hard I try. It hunts a lot even in decent light.

Therefore now I use my smartphone as my primary camera... after all these years

So yes, there would be plenty of what I'd be able to do with the K-70 - I'd be able to grab my lenses from the shelf and start using them again! I have some very good vintage lenses (M-50 f1.7, M-135 f3.5 ....)
Below is the picture of my daughter. I'd love to have a proper camera to make nice pictures of her.

Last edited by helmiczka; 12-29-2021 at 08:49 AM. Reason: reuploading the picture
Views: 293
12-29-2021, 03:57 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I can't see the picture, you might have to upload it again.
Good luck
12-29-2021, 08:23 AM   #3

Same remark, picture is unavailable.
12-29-2021, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Oh, really? I re-edited the picture URL, I hope it's available now

12-29-2021, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is now available for viewing. You can't go wrong with this picture. I smiled as soon as I saw it. Nice capture and kudos to your model. Good luck in the giveaway.
12-31-2021, 01:50 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you very much!
My model is usually very impatient, unless something catches her attention - like this night light
(too bad that with my DSLR I am now unable to shoot pictures like this ... but I used to shoot parties in bars or cafés before, no problem at all!)