Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Sunrise on the Beach
Lens: Fujinon 55mm 1:1.8 Camera: Pentax K-30 Photo Location: Atlantic Beach, FL ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/15s 
Posted By: hikerwny, 12-28-2021, 12:23 PM

1) Share your favorite photo taken between November 25th - December 31st, 2021 (no specific theme)
See attached taken on November 28th. So far my favorite in the time frame. Sorry can't remember the aperture.

2) Tell us what camera(s) you currently shoot with
I currently shoot with a Pentax K-30.

3)Tell us what how the K-70 would improve your current kit:

- Why do you need a K-70 and how would you use it?.
My K-30 is getting old so I think a newer body is in order one way or another. By the comments I have read it seems the K-70 is a step up in image quality over the K-30. So I think the greatest advantage of the K-70 for me would be to allow me to shoot at higher shutter speeds (high ISO capability) in low light situations whether indoors or outdoors with less noise. Additionally though the articulating screen feature will likely get a lot of use as I often shoot with a tripod and usually end up stooping to see the screen

- Is there anything you currently can't do that you'd be able to do with the K-70?
I suppose two of the most notable items that can't be done with my K-30 that can be done with the K-70 are compatibility with KAF4 lenses and Pixel Shift. The capability to use the KAF4 mount will allow me to tap into the newer PLM lenses with faster focus like the 55-300. Pixel shift is a bonus feature but not a necessity, but I am interested in trying it out under the appropriate circumstances.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 258
12-28-2021, 01:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Like the tall grasses backed the colorful sunrise. Nice shot. Good luck.
12-28-2021, 04:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Beautiful sunset, nicely captured.