Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Ice floes moving downriver on the Saint Lawrence
Lens: F 70-210 mm f/4-5.6 ED Camera: Pentax K20 Photo Location: Quebec, CANADA ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 12-31-2021, 04:43 PM

Tripod-mounted Pentax F 70-210 mm on a K20 shows ice forming and deriving with the tide.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Views: 343
12-31-2021, 06:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And it begins. How long will be until it is covered? Nice capture. Shows that winter is setting in.
01-01-2022, 05:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That image is fascinating to me.
Not only the presence of the ice floes on a big river,
But also the designs and contrasts of the light on the ice.
Angky.
01-02-2022, 06:37 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
How long will be until it is covered?
Hello ! Three or four days at -30 degrees will establish a solid ice cover on the Saint Lawrence. If the temperature doesn't dip that low, we will continue to have only ice blocks alternatively going East at low tide and West at high tide. Ice blocks then get stuck in the low wetlands. No two Winters are exactly the same.

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
the designs and contrasts of the light on the ice.
This is what Photography is all about, isn't it ? We try to capture beautiful light creating interesting graphic scores.

Receive my Best Regards

01-02-2022, 06:48 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lovely image, very interesting facts. I miss living in a place that has a true winter, but my wife does not, so here we remain.
01-02-2022, 10:12 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
so here we remain.
Virginia is a very beautiful State. I went all over the State on Interstate-81, driving on a forested ridge with awesome declivities all along. I haven't visited the East in a long while though, concentrating on the western States since 2013.

Best Regards