Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Dog Shelter Calendar 2009 (12 Pictures)
Posted By: Rudi, 12-09-2008, 08:31 AM

My Wife and I are Dog Fans and live with three of them, we got all of them from a Dog Shelter Organisation that pick the unlucky souls up and rescue them from their mildly put uncertain future.

We visit them often and I always thought of a way to support their work with anything else than just giving a cheque.

Since I got my beloved K20D now and wanted to do a Calendar for 2009, I went to their place and spent a day there and took pictures.

From a technical point of view I have to say that the pictures are far off from being perfect, the lighting was anything but enough and the resulting noise is quite apparent. All shots without flash and because the dogs where moving alot, the use of longer Shutter times was not an option. :-)

None the less we believe to have captured some very nice shots of these poor souls that are now looking in a much brighter future.

All proceedings from the Sales of that Calendar will be donated to their Organisation.

So here is what came out of that day:

I hope I don't violate any posting rules but if please let me know and i will edit the post again.

Thanks
Views: 3,947
12-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #16
Damn Brit

What an incredibly good thing you've done. I have no problem with the pictures, you have selected and processed them very well and they all work well together.
It is possible to buy this calendar and have it shipped overseas?

12-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #17
Veteran Member

These are far better than you let on in the write up.

They do what you set out, completely.

I have been intrigued by this potential use of my camera and blossoming skills. Thanks for another nudge of encouragement.

You did really good with the calender.
12-10-2008, 01:16 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
@m80: I guess the conversion rate could be something like 5 to 1, meaning takes you five days to do something that you could do in one day in the US. Just a personal feeling.

@Damn Brit: Thank you very much. We would be happy to ship them overseas. There is no special sales site, it's only sold through word of mouth, the further we can spread that Calendar the more awareness will be created, plus the People at the Dog Shelter would be very glad to hear that their work is honoured even in other Countries. I would need to check shipping costs for overseas but i reckon they wouldn't be to bad.

@metroeloise: Thank you very much for the encouraging words.
12-10-2008, 02:42 AM   #19
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Rudi Quote
@m80: I guess the conversion rate could be something like 5 to 1, meaning takes you five days to do something that you could do in one day in the US. Just a personal feeling.

@Damn Brit: Thank you very much. We would be happy to ship them overseas. There is no special sales site, it's only sold through word of mouth, the further we can spread that Calendar the more awareness will be created, plus the People at the Dog Shelter would be very glad to hear that their work is honoured even in other Countries. I would need to check shipping costs for overseas but i reckon they wouldn't be to bad.
Can you get back to me on that please?

12-10-2008, 02:58 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
@Damn Brit: Sorry it took a while. The shipping is 7.73 USD (6 Euro) and the Calendar would be 5.15 USD (4 Euro) so all in all 12.88 USD. The 5.15 for the Calendar will be donated to the Shelter. Payment could be done through paypal after you received the Calendar.
12-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
January is a very nice scene. April, May and November are also standouts for me.
My dogs think it is play time and go straight to sniffing the camera when I get in close with them.
Is the K10 dog slobber proof as well?
12-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #22
Inactive Account

Original Poster
@Nowhere Matt: Thanks very much. With regards to "slobber proof" I found the Lens cleaning frequency to be still at acceptable intervals. Only Mr. October, being a Great Dane has showed that it is possible to cover the full camera with slobber within a second is an easily achievable goal. :-) :-)