Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Tianjara Falls
Lens: HDDA*16-50 PLM Camera: K3iii Photo Location: Morton National Park, NSW, Australia ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/80s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: RobG, 01-18-2022, 07:00 PM

Tianjara Falls
by RobGeraghty, on Flickr
Views: 435
01-18-2022, 09:58 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wonderful richness of the muted colors in the stones.
Not vibrant colors, but very rich and detailed.
Every imaginable shade of green seems to be there as well.
Great detail.
And the water makes the richness of the scene worth it.
Angky.
01-18-2022, 10:17 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Wonderful richness of the muted colors in the stones.
Not vibrant colors, but very rich and detailed.
Every imaginable shade of green seems to be there as well.
Great detail.
And the water makes the richness of the scene worth it.
Wow, thank you! It was so nice to see green in this area. Two years ago, almost the entire area burned in bushfires; part of the millions of hectares in Eastern Australia which burned. It's hard to see in the photo, but a lot of trees and shrubs died in the fires. Since the fires, la Nina has replaced el Nino, and we have had quite a lot of rain. Most eucalyptus trees are capable of producing new leaves directly from the trunk or thicker branches when the small branches and leaves are burned (epicormic growth). There has been a surprising amount of regrowth of trees, grass and shrubs, but the animals and birds may never recover.

Thank for your reply!
01-19-2022, 08:29 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Terrific shot of a dramatic landscape, Rob. Good stuff.

Jer

01-19-2022, 01:39 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Nice shot. The detail and lighting are well done.
01-19-2022, 06:03 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Terrific shot of a dramatic landscape, Rob. Good stuff.
Thanks Jer! Hopefully one day I can get the combination of water on the waterfall and blue sky. Usually when the sky is blue there's no water on the waterfalls!

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Nice shot. The detail and lighting are well done.
Thank you!
01-19-2022, 08:46 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow! That's a sheer drop off for that waterfall. Such a beautiful location with the colorful rocks of the cliff and the lush green trees above and below the falls. It's hard to believe that this area burned two years ago. It's good to see that is recovering. Beautiful capture. Thanks for sharing this image along with background information about this area.

01-19-2022, 10:48 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Wow! That's a sheer drop off for that waterfall. Such a beautiful location with the colorful rocks of the cliff and the lush green trees above and below the falls. It's hard to believe that this area burned two years ago. It's good to see that is recovering. Beautiful capture. Thanks for sharing this image along with background information about this area.
I'm trying to remember if I have any photos shortly after the fire. I'm sure I have one from before the fire, so I should post it for comparison. There's a panorama I posted which is from the same region, showing a canyon. I didn't know that the canyon existed before the fires made it visible! There's some amazing landscapes in Australia. Not the sort of mountains you'll see in the northern hemisphere, but fascinating in their own way!
01-28-2022, 08:26 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow - you have caught the nature of this site so well Rob. That is one scary sudden drop!
01-29-2022, 06:57 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Wow - you have caught the nature of this site so well Rob. That is one scary sudden drop!
Thank you! We have quite a few like that in NSW. Of course the views at Katoomba and Kanangra Walls are better known.
One of the most spectacular lookouts in southern Queensland is in Lamington National Park at Coomera Gorge. I don't like heights, so standing on the steel grid over the 50+ metre drop is a challenge for me.