Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Baby Rhino
Lens: Sigma 135-400 APO Camera: Pentax KP Photo Location: Little Rock Zoo ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: MikeNArk, 01-19-2022, 07:41 PM

At the Little Rock Zoo. This baby Rhino was born at the Little Rock Zoo on Nov. 10, 2021. Pictures of it and its mother. Its growing.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 456
01-19-2022, 09:30 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A face that only a mother could love!
And a mother that only a baby rhino could love!
Very fascinating images!
And my wife would call them cute!
Angky.
01-20-2022, 02:17 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

I think he looks lovely ! A face showing all the mis-placed self-confidence of the very young. Good luck, little feller - you'll need it.
01-20-2022, 07:15 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
A face that only a mother could love!
And a mother that only a baby rhino could love!
Very fascinating images!
And my wife would call them cute!
Angky.
Cute is right. A newborn animal at the zoo increases the activity. The young ones tend to wander around and, of course, mama has to keep up with its whereabouts. A few years ago, four Malaysian Tigers were born at the zoo. They were a kick to watch.

---------- Post added 01-20-22 at 08:21 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
I think he looks lovely ! A face showing all the mis-placed self-confidence of the very young. Good luck, little feller - you'll need it.
Thanks for commenting. The new kid on the block was named Kevin. He does have that look of over confidence about him. I hope he leads a long life. He could end up at a different zoo after he matures. Four Malaysian Tigers born at this zoo in the past where eventually transferred to other zoos.

01-20-2022, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Cute is right. A newborn animal at the zoo increases the activity. The young ones tend to wander around and, of course, mama has to keep up with its whereabouts. A few years ago, four Malaysian Tigers were born at the zoo. They were a kick to watch.

---------- Post added 01-20-22 at 08:21 AM ----------

Thanks for commenting. The new kid on the block was named Kevin. He does have that look of over confidence about him. I hope he leads a long life. He could end up at a different zoo after he matures. Four Malaysian Tigers born at this zoo in the past where eventually transferred to other zoos.
I'm very glad the zoo is successfully breeding rare animals, and spreading the gene pool. Probably too much to hope that they will be returned to the wild, though.
01-20-2022, 10:00 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
I'm very glad the zoo is successfully breeding rare animals, and spreading the gene pool. Probably too much to hope that they will be returned to the wild, though.
I don't know if that will be possible. It might be eventually. Black Rhinos population is up slightly, but they are still endangered.
01-20-2022, 11:59 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A very nice series, Mike. Masterfully photographed and fun to see.

Jer

01-20-2022, 12:47 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Awwww
01-20-2022, 02:45 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A very nice series, Mike. Masterfully photographed and fun to see.

Jer
Thanks for your nice comments. Fun to see for sure. Shot them all in jpeg. I went to my Granddaughters Volleyball tournament last weekend and I've quit shooting them in raw. I did not change the settings before going to the zoo.

---------- Post added 01-20-22 at 03:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Awwww
Thanks for viewing and commenting. The little rhino next to its mother was a sight.