Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
In Color And In Black And White
Posted By: Nowhere Matt, 12-10-2008, 12:47 PM

By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife.

Actually I took this as the couple had returned to dismiss the guests row by row and saw an opportunity to get some from the balcony. Maybe one row sooner though. Ya think? Pity her dress was not longer, to.
I think they will really like the sepia version and am really excited to see their faces when they see the others.
Views: 1,878
12-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Holy shoot, I coulda sworn the second one was a Weegee shot.

No, I don't think it would be better were the couple one row earlier. Sure, the Rule Of Thirds is a handy guide, but breaking such rules offers shots with great drama.

The direct flash is annoying in the first one, but the BW smooths it out. Maybe it's because of the infinite number of wedding shots like this produced on always-flash disposable cameras.

No, the wedding dress doesn't need a train, I think. Well, either/or. I think the empty space has been used well. Adds drama, draws our eye.
12-10-2008, 01:40 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I really can't make my mind up about either of these. Both of them are great.

Only taken me a dozen looks to get that far.

A couple more looks...

If pressured I'd choose the sepia version and clone out the bottom right corner, but that's just being picky.
12-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No question the B&W Sepia tinted shot is the better looking version IMO. But as a wedding shot, I wouldn't include it in a package myself. The bare shoulders make her look bigger than him and a top of the head shot is not really flattering.

Artistically it's an interesting shot though and might have worked with a long train on the dress for a package shot.

12-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the 2nd better...
12-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll go against the grain a bit - I'm taken with the wine-colored background against the white dress. Also the visual imbalance of both photos works well I think.

Jer
12-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I prefer the color shot! for the some of the reason Peter mentioned. Offer both..

QuoteQuote:
The bare shoulders make her look bigger than him and a top of the head shot is not really flattering.
I don't think is as big a isuse in the color shot in IMO... JIMBO

12-12-2008, 12:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I like the color of the first image, but the second image has better composition. I'd try cloning the Christmas tree piece out on the right side. I like shots taken from above like this. I wouldn't have noticed the brides shoulders being so broad had Peter not pointed it out. Maybe she does have broader shoulders than the groom, nothing wrong with that if it is the case. The bare shoulders do accent though.