Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
in the darkness
Lens: Pentax D FA 28 - 105 Camera: K1 ii Photo Location: Cairns, Australia ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1s Aperture: F3.5 
Posted By: MotoRider, 01-27-2022, 11:37 PM

Challenging conditions, some well needed weather sealing, many times wiping the lens and patience. Taken with a Miops trigger, not the best lightning strike but a stunning image with the clouds being lit up by it. I usually use a higher aperture and use a bulb setting but this image is cool.

This is the storm preceding the first image,

Views: 443
01-28-2022, 06:10 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That first image is an incredible nightmare of a storm, brooding and dangerous. The second image is stunning on it's own.
01-28-2022, 07:02 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Two fabulous shots. The first one is absolutely stunning
01-28-2022, 08:16 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dramatic weather scenes. The first is dark and ominous. Like the light up provided by the lightening. The second displays a beautiful cloud formation. Both are well done.

01-28-2022, 08:19 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That first one is apocalyptic! Both are fantastic images!
01-28-2022, 07:08 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Whoa! You were definitely in the right place at the right time and with the right equipment and a good eye!
Angky.
01-29-2022, 01:07 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
That first image is an incredible nightmare of a storm, brooding and dangerous. The second image is stunning on it's own.
Thank you, and thanks all for the comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Whoa! You were definitely in the right place at the right time and with the right equipment and a good eye!
Angky.
Thank you!! it took some planning and time to get where I wanted to, I waited for 2 and a half hours until I couldn't stand the wind and rain, the energy was still alive in the storm. It's a great feeling.. As for the equipment, the trusty 28 - 105 outdoes itself again and again, I'm not in the habit of changing lenses in such conditions and it allows me to get a bit wet, and the K1, well when you get so used to your camera and its functions it becomes a delight to use when tested by conditions.

The quality of the image is pretty good to start with, i cleaned up some noise in Topaz Ai de-noise. it's a wonderful program.