Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
coastline
Lens: 50mm f1.8 Camera: K3II Photo Location: Norway 
Posted By: mlag, 01-30-2022, 12:56 PM

Unintended result somehow looking interesting...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 344
01-30-2022, 09:20 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, that is as you say, interesting!
And the strong silhouette of the ridge top gives the appearance of no movement in the darker top part while the bottom lights show the movement strikingly.
Fascinating way to do it!
Angky.
01-31-2022, 12:53 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Fantastic photo! A most interesting accident! I am a big fan of those artistic explosions. Even when they’re unintended, they move me. Bravo.
01-31-2022, 04:30 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very interesting effect. Looks to me like you also have double image of the ridge line also, with part of it so dark that it is difficult to discern. Strange effects for sure.

02-01-2022, 11:44 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
To me there is an apparent contradiction in the picture: it is very clear I moved the camera during the extended exposure, but

- the lights suggest a smooth vertical movement during exposure

- the mountain ridge shows 2 strong lines, suggesting 2 steady points with each a longer exposure and nothing in between

both seem to contradict each other...

Actually, I was trying to picture some (weak) northern lights - there is a light, barely noticable green shade in the top half picture - trying some shots with different exposure settings. But it was a cloudy, rainy day and hence not very succesfull that day (later I had some more succes - albeit the weather was never ideal, see People and their cameras! - Page 175 - PentaxForums.com .)

I probably canceled the shot to review the settings and moved the camera, resulting in the picture shown above...