Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Sample of the 40 Limited & 100 Macro from this Weekend
Posted By: benjikan, 03-13-2007, 03:21 AM

Here is a sample shot with the 40 Limited and the 100 Macro Pentax lenses. It was the first time I used the Pentax for Still Life. As the left image is intended to be very abstract you may want to know what it is..It is a "Bulgari" Diamond Ring...

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 02-07-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Views: 2,012
03-13-2007, 04:44 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent shots Ben. I'm sure the first one took more skill, but I like the second one better!

NaCl(of course the fact that the subject matter is a beautiful woman has nothing to do with it )H2O
03-13-2007, 05:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The Ring

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Excellent shots Ben. I'm sure the first one took more skill, but I like the second one better!

NaCl(of course the fact that the subject matter is a beautiful woman has nothing to do with it )H2O
You mean you wouldn't prefer the "Bulgari" Diamond Ring? Gee I wonder why...
03-13-2007, 06:34 AM   #4

Really good

Were I leafing through the pages of Vogue, both of those images would make me stop and gawk. Love, love, love the shoe coming at me and the lighting of the model in that second shot.

cyrene

03-13-2007, 06:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Layout

QuoteOriginally posted by cyrene Quote
Were I leafing through the pages of Vogue, both of those images would make me stop and gawk. Love, love, love the shoe coming at me and the lighting of the model in that second shot.

cyrene
All of the images are "Double Page" format, that is, each Fashion Shot will have a matching Still Life to re-enforce the concept of "The Diva" there is also a High Heel, I Pod, Dior Lipstick, Armani Perfume and a Font Graphic. That makes a total of twelve pages. It will come out in April 2007 for "Style Mone Carlo" magazine. You may view their website at:

http://www.stylemontecarlo.com

Ben
03-13-2007, 06:50 AM   #6
Veteran Member

That ring must be really pricey considering it's from this prestigious company. I was surprised by the lack of sparkle from the diamonds but I'm guessing you shot it like that on purpose.

The model throwing the shoe was a fantastic shot!
03-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #7

Diggin' the shots, Ben. I still can't figure out that first one. Can you post a more blown up view of the ring?

John

03-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Here is a sample shot with the 40 Limited and the 100 Macro Pentax lenses. It was the first time I used the Pentax for Still Life. As the left image is intended to be very abstract you may want to know what it is..It is a "Bulgari" Diamond Ring...

Ben
Great pics, but can you please post in the correct forum next time?

Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Correct Forum

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Great pics, but can you please post in the correct forum next time?

Thanks!
Hello;

Could you please tell me what the appropriate forum would be for this, besides the garbage bin.....
03-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Noooo. Not the garbage bin!!

Way to nice of shots. The color purple then the action and then the expression....a little deeper into the shot each look. It is easy to appreciate your finished work.

Curious..how many shots does it take to get the shoe in a right position airborne like that?
03-13-2007, 04:05 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Hello;

Could you please tell me what the appropriate forum would be for this, besides the garbage bin.....
Just post all your photos here, in the "Post your photos" forum. I wouldn't ever make a recycle bin for Pentax photos!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Have you got a piece or two of nylon holding up the shoe, or was it actually thrown?
03-14-2007, 04:24 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Very nice and original.

Always humour from your posts.

And I believe the airborn shoe is probably "pasted" there? Otherwise this photo would be a lot a lot of work!!

Great eye candy too