Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ho Do I Improve The Colors in this Photo?
Posted By: poochie99, 12-11-2008, 05:07 AM

I have elements 6 and paint shop pro (which is what I'm partial to!).....

I know this isn't a great photo in relation to all the technical stuff....but I love it. It's a candid of my son.....I just love his giggle he has going on in this photo...along with the tree in the back......it's just a very personal photo that I love.

I would like to know how to improve the color.....maybe make it more vivid?

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Views: 1,734
12-11-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
increase saturation of the picture and it will become VIVID.
12-11-2008, 06:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

a few ideas...

Stephanie,

It is a very nice pic of your son. I can see why you like it so much.... the first thing I always so to my pics when I am post processing is look at the Curves. Your RGB factors (Red, Green, and Blue). Sometimes when adjusting them ever so slightly you can bring more color into your picture.

I would also lighten it a bit.. you can do this through you curves or lumination. Playing with the brightness and contrast can also help that "pop" factor more as well.

I use Paintnet but the basic function should be the same in your program. If you would like me to play with your photo a bit and see what I can come up with feel free to email it to me.

I hope this helps!! Happy Holidays, Kim
12-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I think this picture would benefit from raising contrast with a touch of sepia tone.

12-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #5

A splendid shot! you can feel the special mood off that particular moment! wonderfull.

If you take a close look at your picture you will notice that the dark parts have no detail anymore. So best is to take the shot again with a fill in flash or wit a bit more light. Of course you can never make the same snapshot. If you have the original (best in Raw) you can correct a lot.

This is the same picture just lightened the shadows in CS3

Guido
Attached Images

12-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's input!!
12-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Here's what I came up with.....much better!!