Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
The Only Way is Up
Lens: DA* 55 Camera: KP Photo Location: Rogers Pass, British Columbia ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: bertwert, 02-07-2022, 03:11 PM

Saw these folks heading up on the opposite side of the valley from where we were skiing - thought the uptrack made an interesting shot, but it wasn't as easy as I thought to have it clearly defined in the final shot. Any comments and criticism is most welcome

Views: 210
02-07-2022, 06:09 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, indeed, I find that up-track very interesting in the context of that severe terrain!
The exposure on the snow is just about as perfect as it could be made, I think. (Some people might increase the contrast to highlight the track more, but the whole aura of this one is just right.)
Did these folks go yet higher?
Intriguing shot!
Angky.
02-07-2022, 06:38 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A unique photo, Robert. Creative idea realized with good technique.

Jer
02-07-2022, 06:45 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What an arduous trek up the slope. I believe that your image does show that the only safe way is up (maybe safe). I agree with Angky's comments concerning the snow. A well conceived and executed photo.

02-09-2022, 06:38 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Yes, indeed, I find that up-track very interesting in the context of that severe terrain!
The exposure on the snow is just about as perfect as it could be made, I think. (Some people might increase the contrast to highlight the track more, but the whole aura of this one is just right.)
Did these folks go yet higher?
Intriguing shot!
Angky.
This was the best balance between contrast and exposure I could get - otherwise it ended a bit dark for my liking.

I"m not sure how high they went, but I imagine to the top of one of the two couloirs there before enjoying some turns.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A unique photo, Robert. Creative idea realized with good technique.

Jer
Thanks for the kind words Jer!

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
What an arduous trek up the slope. I believe that your image does show that the only safe way is up (maybe safe). I agree with Angky's comments concerning the snow. A well conceived and executed photo.
Thanks - well, the reason to go up is to go down