Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Frosty Macro...
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 12-11-2008, 07:05 AM

Hey all.... Winter is finally starting to creep into my neck of the woods.. I got these pics a few weeks ago after a nice heavy night of fog... The macro lens was calling my name that next morning. enjoy!!!!

This poor frozen butterfly bush caught my eye as well.. .

Let me know what you think!!! I haven't gotten my macro lens out for awhile... shame on me!!!
Views: 3,689
12-11-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very nicely done Kim . I really like #2 and 3... We are expecting our first snow fall here this weekend though I am heading to Edmonton Alberta today where it si cold! JIMBO
12-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice series of crystal like snow. Our side of the continent never had any snow. We have to travel out to experience what you have. More of your snow like capture pl,Kim.. with your macro ofcourse...

marcus
12-11-2008, 07:43 AM   #4
YJD
Veteran Member

I usually like close up, but not here.
Not that you did a bad job at all, the subject doesn't look that interesting even if I would have take similar pictures if I had the chance.
Though, I really like 3 and 4, especially 3.

12-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

These ice make a drooling appealing picture!
12-11-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

really nice set.. you should come here with your macro, it is -20c outside.. well almost.
12-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #7
axl
Veteran Member

another nice series from you Kim. #3 is my favourite, it makes me kind of wonder where the lines of the field behind the poor frozen bush are leading..
Keep them coming
BR

12-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots. The close ups are interesting from the point of how ice crystals grow.
But it is number three that sticks out photographically. Very well composed and with good contrast between the sharp crystals and the diffuse but suggestive radial lines in the background (here we are at the border of my English, are these lines left by a plough on a field?). You must have a good eye for composition to find this motive.
12-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusyoung Quote
Nice series of crystal like snow. Our side of the continent never had any snow. We have to travel out to experience what you have. More of your snow like capture pl,Kim.. with your macro ofcourse...
marcus
Thanks Marcus!! Im so glad you enjoyed them. I was taking my moms christmas card pictures and this plant was near by. It was just calling to have its picture taken!!! How could I let it down!! no worries.. more snow pics on the way.. . (like for the next 3 months atleast!!)

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
These ice make a drooling appealing picture!
You crack me up!!! lol

QuoteOriginally posted by devisor Quote
really nice set.. you should come here with your macro, it is -20c outside.. well almost.
BRRR no way jose!! We are expecting highs in the teens this weekend.. that is way cold for here this time of year... BRRRRRR

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
another nice series from you Kim. #3 is my favourite, it makes me kind of wonder where the lines of the field behind the poor frozen bush are leading..Keep them comingBR
Thanks Axl.. Glad you liked them!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Nice shots. The close ups are interesting from the point of how ice crystals grow. But it is number three that sticks out photographically. Very well composed and with good contrast between the sharp crystals and the diffuse but suggestive radial lines in the background (here we are at the border of my English, are these lines left by a plough on a field?). You must have a good eye for composition to find this motive.
Thanks Doug. I am glad you liked them.. I didnt think much of this picture when I took it.. It was there and I had my camera so I took it.. but once I got it processed and loaded on my computer it really grew on me...

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments, they are greatly appreciated.. Happy Holidays to you all!!

Kim
12-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice set and I like 2 and 3 the best. very nicely done! Good to see you posting some macros. Happy holidays back at ya!!
12-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Cool shots....no pun intended. I really like #2
12-16-2008, 12:55 AM   #12
Damn Brit

Great captures Kim, I really like #3, the furrows add interest to a pretty picture.
12-16-2008, 05:08 AM   #13
JMR
Veteran Member

No 3 is exquisite, as the furrows continue to lead the eye through the whole image. I don't recall ever seeing frost with such large granules. Well done.

JMR

Last edited by JMR; 12-17-2008 at 04:42 PM.
12-16-2008, 05:21 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

#3 for me too -- well done!
12-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Another who really likes shot #3.