Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Visitors Welcome . . . .
Lens: D FA 15-30 @ 15 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Local Park ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Sailor, 02-16-2022, 12:53 PM

. . . . . . . . and have a nice day.

Jer

Views: 320
02-16-2022, 12:59 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not necessarily in that order! I think you have more nasty critters in your part of Texas than mine. However, a neighbor spotted a mountain lion a few weeks ago on the lot that I am currently having a house built. Last week I saw a fresh lion track right in front of the house, so I think it is still hanging around.
02-16-2022, 03:38 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well the photo opportunities might be good if you can get back out. How much experience do you have shooting at this location? I believe there have Mountain Lion sightings in this state also, but none close to here. More likely to see the wild hogs and alligators in southern parts of the state and snakes anywhere.
02-16-2022, 07:37 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wonder how the fishin' is there...!
Snakes,
Hogs,
Gators,
Lions...
Avoid in that order!!!
I was shooting pictures in cat and snake country (according to the warning sign) last weekend. I don't worry a great deal about the cats, but I'm sure not happy about snakes!!!
Gators and hogs you can keep where you're at.
Hope you enjoyed the photo trip--as I am enjoying it from here.
Still like that shot of the fishin' hole!
Angky.

02-17-2022, 09:17 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Not necessarily in that order! I think you have more nasty critters in your part of Texas than mine. However, a neighbor spotted a mountain lion a few weeks ago on the lot that I am currently having a house built. Last week I saw a fresh lion track right in front of the house, so I think it is still hanging around.
We probably do, Todd, but I'm not the guy to ask. I know more about the molecules from which animals are constructed than I do about their lives.

I see a gator once or twice a year, sometimes on our street since a creek is nearby. In McClean Park, where I shot this pic, I've seen (but never photographed) a number of deer and an armadillo or two; Connie spotted some wild hogs there a few years ago while she was riding her bike. Most of the wildlife in this park is composed of little kids running wildly along the trails during the weekend!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Well the photo opportunities might be good if you can get back out. How much experience do you have shooting at this location? I believe there have Mountain Lion sightings in this state also, but none close to here. More likely to see the wild hogs and alligators in southern parts of the state and snakes anywhere.
Mike, this place is a city park less than 10 minutes from my house. I've visited the place many times, usually on my bicycle and not with a camera. Occasionally, I'll bring a camera to photograph some of the flowers that pop up during the spring and summer, but I don't regard the place as a particularly target-rich environment for wild-life photographers. Yesterday, I got an itch to exercise my DFA 15-30, grabbed my gear and jumped into my car. I didn't even have a destination in mind until I started driving, and McClean Park popped into my old-man's head. Nevertheless, I enjoyed playing with the lens not only in the park itself but also in the parking lot. I'll post some other stuff later.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Wonder how the fishin' is there...!
Snakes,
Hogs,
Gators,
Lions...
Avoid in that order!!!
I was shooting pictures in cat and snake country (according to the warning sign) last weekend. I don't worry a great deal about the cats, but I'm sure not happy about snakes!!!
Gators and hogs you can keep where you're at.
Hope you enjoyed the photo trip--as I am enjoying it from here.
Still like that shot of the fishin' hole!
Angky.
Like you, my friend, I'm not turned on by playing footsie with wild animals!!

As I mentioned to Mike above, I was out to play with my lens rather than seeking a particular subject. I'm glad you like the picture.

Jer
11-24-2023, 07:35 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
. . . . . . . . and have a nice day.

Jer

Does every visitor at this place come back ?
11-24-2023, 08:47 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henrikpedersen33 Quote
Does every visitor at this place come back ?
Sure, the snake lovers can't stay away!

Jer