Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Schonbrunn and Belvedere
Posted By: axl, 12-12-2008, 02:21 AM

Back in august, me and my wife went to see my mum back to Slovakia. It was beautiful time. And weather was on our side too. (I'm starting to long for summer ).
Anyway, since she lives close to Austrian borders, one day we decided to jump on a train and made a trip to Wienna. Now living in London, we thought we've seen nice palaces, but these two magnificent buildings made Buckingham palace look like a shed (though upscaled ) and even Hampton court palace looks like poor neighbours compared to Belvedere and Schonbrunn palaces...
enjoy:
Schonbrunn palace:

Belvedere:

I know they are not the best ones, but I was enjoying great day out with my wife, and didn't want to get too carried away with photography...
anyway, I hope we'll returtn there one day, as there is a lot more to see from Wiena then we actually did...
BR
Peter
Views: 1,037
12-12-2008, 02:51 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Nice series Peter, seems like a lovely day out there. You are right about Buckingham Palace though :-D
12-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I like the framing of the 1st image, Peter. nice shot. You've captured the beauty of these 2 places. Well done
12-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #4

I think the first one might be a good candidate for HDR, the inner arch might benefit from the increased exposure. Nice series.

12-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #5

I got back from Vienna today, so it was quite a surprise to these posted here. I will try and post a couple of mine over the weekend. The gardens didn't look as good as they do in your pictures due to the time of year. I think the tour of Schonbrunn was one of my favourite things of our trip
12-14-2008, 02:26 AM   #6
Pentaxian

No2 and 4 are my favs

cheers
12-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #7
JMR
Veteran Member

Nice work. Really like the last image. I take it you used a polarizer? I hardy use it any more, removes too much spectral light and unnaturally darkens the skies.

JMR
12-14-2008, 03:19 PM   #8
axl
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
thanx for kind words...
yes, the last one is combo of K100D + DA18-55 + Cokin CPL (not actually their system, but screw in 52mm)
The rest of the images are without any filters, taken by K100D + Sigma 10-20 (though I'm not too sure about #2 and I'm not bothered to check
anyway, thank you for looking and comenting
BR