Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
We still have beautiful golden light at 5h00 PM. Deschambault, QUEBEC.
Lens: DA 18-135 mm ED Camera: Pentax K3 III Photo Location: Quebec, CANADA ISO: 100 Aperture: F11 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 02-26-2022, 04:48 PM

Late afternoon sunshine creating beautiful golden light. Days are getting longer as February is almost over.

I am still trying my new Pentax K3 III, this time with my trusted old DA 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6 ED zoom. This lens was supposed to be junk according to many technical reviews, well this must be "golden junk", then. The lens mates wonderfully with the new 26 Mpx sensor of this camera.

Lens affords wide view or permits extracting architectural details in a tight fashion. Exquisite sharpness at any focal lengths.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF

Views: 356
02-26-2022, 04:57 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The camera and lens certainly perform well together. All the images in this post are sharp and have good colors. I recently obtained a used copy of the lens and have found it to be very useful with my KP, even when shooting indoor volleyball games. Thanks for posting.
02-27-2022, 05:20 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
The camera and lens certainly perform well together.
I hesitated a lot before buying a copy of this DA 18-135 mm ED zoom. Technical reviews about it were not very "enthusiastic", to say the least. I found a used copy costing less than 190 $ and haven't stopped using it intensively since I acquired it, so wonderful the results are. Its only weakness is a little Chromatic Aberrations showing up in the corners when the lens is used at 18 mm FL in high-contrast situations. You can shoot against the sun without any fear of veiling or ghosting and the focal range is "extraordinary" ! A lens worth having, for real, and it keeps performing very well on this 26 Mpx sensor.

Regards
02-27-2022, 08:15 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Looks to me like Canadian light--if I remember it correctly from years ago.
Very appealing, though a bit cold!
Interesting about that lens. Good to see the excellent results you got.
Angky.

02-28-2022, 08:23 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
THX !

Indeed, this is one of the most beautiful "Ancestral Villages" that was conserved and rehabilitated in Quebec. When I was young, Deschambault was in a terrible state of disrepair and people thought about closing and abandoning the site (like the Ghost Towns we see so often in Southern California, Nevada and New Mexico). But we have a tradition to rather rehabilitate Historical Towns instead of letting them go to rubble.

And yes, the DA 18-135 mm ED zoom performs astoundingly well on the new K3 III body. The lens proves to be very sharp from edge-to-edge. Its focal range is eminently useful. Its only weakness is some Chromatic Aberrations in the corner at 18 mm but I haven't seen any yet with this new camera body.

Regards

Last edited by RICHARD L.; 02-28-2022 at 08:32 AM.