Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Interesting Accidental Overexposure of an office Building
Posted By: arpaagent, 12-12-2008, 08:46 AM

This morning I was going in to work and was taking a shots w/ my pretty recent acquisition, SMC Pentax-A 24/2.8. Very well built, solid feeling lens. Anyways, this is my office building, but I had it left on manual exposure from the night before shooting some indoor stuff, and my exposure turned out to be slightly overexposed... I think it actually looks pretty cool, with the reflections from the windows properly exposed. Interesting nonetheless. Proper exposure is also shown. I also left it on ISO800 b/c I was in somewhat of a rush to get into work.

What do you guys think? Do you like the overexposed photo, at least from an artistic perspective?

-jim

Last edited by arpaagent; 01-04-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Views: 1,645
12-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I rather like it. It has the look and feel of an architectural drawing.
12-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pretty cool.... sometimes happy accidents happen.
12-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It came out kind of nice. I'm also glad to hear i'm not the only person who just starts shooting sometimes and forgets to check the settings.

12-12-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
It came out kind of nice. I'm also glad to hear i'm not the only person who just starts shooting sometimes and forgets to check the settings.
Yea sometimes it really gets me. Like if I need to shot a product shot for a listing or something, i usually set it to 2 MP so i don't have to resize on my computer...but then if I try to shoot a real shot outside or something, and later realize I only got 2 MP worth of photo, that really hurts.

I'm trying to get better about checking all my settings before doing anything I care about, but still can't seem to do it 100% of the time yet.