Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Montreal, as seen from Ile Notre-Dame in the middle of the Saint Lawrence River.
Lens: DA 16-45 mm f/4 Camera: Pentax K20 Photo Location: Quebec, CANADA ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 03-02-2022, 05:54 AM

A Fall image of the City of Montreal. At the time I walked a lot and spent weekends in Montreal. My stepdaughter attended McGill University in Biochemistry, first for a Bachelor's degree then for her Master's. K20 + DA 16-45 mm f/4.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Views: 289
03-02-2022, 10:58 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice view of the city across the water. Nicely framed by the trees.
03-03-2022, 05:40 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I took lots of pictures in and around Montreal, but most were on film at the time. I was back in Quebec City for good when the "digital era" hit.

Regards
03-03-2022, 06:29 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That image shows off Montreal quite nicely!
Angky.

03-04-2022, 04:46 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ile Notre Dame just South of the City affords the most beautiful views of Montreal IMO, but I must admit that, being a country boy hating huge cities, I tried to stay far from the Inner City and preferred looking at it from afar. I visited the island numerous times and I was always totally alone and the only photographer portraying the City from this outer spot. I think I know what an immigrant to a new country feels like, I never felt more isolated and alone than in Montreal, where people avoid each other and nobody speaks to anybody else.

Regards

Last edited by RICHARD L.; 03-04-2022 at 05:14 AM.
03-04-2022, 07:20 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Ile Notre Dame just South of the City affords the most beautiful views of Montreal IMO, but I must admit that, being a country boy hating huge cities, I tried to stay far from the Inner City and preferred looking at it from afar. I visited the island numerous times and I was always totally alone and the only photographer portraying the City from this outer spot. I think I know what an immigrant to a new country feels like, I never felt more isolated and alone than in Montreal, where people avoid each other and nobody speaks to anybody else.

Regards
Indeed, I do relate very well to what you are saying!!!!
And your Montreal is probably friendly compared to a couple of huge West Coast cities that I'm quite familiar with!!!
Be glad that you have the beauty of the surrounds of Montreal.
Angky.
03-05-2022, 02:42 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I usually find beauty everywhere I go. Big Cities I try to avoid.

Regards