Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
When all falls into place serendipitously
Lens: 50-200mm kit zoom Camera: Samsung GX-10 Photo Location: Amble Northumberland ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F9 
Posted By: Richard_Fiddler, 03-06-2022, 06:04 AM

This was originally a colour image that I converted to B+W and resized slightly. I'd taken one image prior to this but walked further along the jetty as I wanted to get the curve of the jetty, shadows and lamp positions just as I liked them. Unbeknownst to me there were three seagulls flying to their roost as this was approaching twilight, late afternoon. The pure chance of everything falling into place with the seagulls balancing the three lampposts and the curves etc was not far off unrepeatable...... though I'd prefer the seagull positions to reflect those of the the lampposts! This dates back to 2007 when I'd only had the GX-10 a couple of months and was still quite taken by it's image quality( well I was used to lumix fx-20 so a bit of a step up ). Now owning a K-70 the image quality and ISO performance is in a different league but the probability of getting a similar image is small and simply pure luck. I was digging around my old images on a nostalgia trip and thought I'd post it having been looking at other bits and pieces on the forum.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SAMSUNG GX10  Photo 

Views: 329
03-06-2022, 06:27 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It has association, leading line and a sense of symmetry and balance so it is a good image. The horizon is not quite level, and I think it might take that as a minor crop and survive.
03-06-2022, 06:35 AM   #3

Original Poster
slight crop

Yes Kevin I see your point re: slightly not horizontal, the lampost at right hand side shows that to some degree. A small crop may well fix that without too much loss to the overall image.
03-06-2022, 04:30 PM - 2 Likes   #4

Original Poster
Aligned and crop version..... fine tuning from Kevins advice

Slightly modded the original from the advice given and using Gimp.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SAMSUNG GX10  Photo