Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Thunderclouds over the Saint Lawrence, Neuville, QUEBEC
Lens: FA 28-105 mm Camera: Pentax K10 Photo Location: Quebec, CANADA ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 03-07-2022, 08:47 AM

While visiting a greenhouse farmer in Neuville, I noticed this dramatic scene just across Route 138. I had my old K10 with an FA 28-105 mm zoom. The farmer's name was "Tom Matte" and he was a tomato producer ("tomate" in French is pronounced exactly like the name of this elderly gentleman). This is what is called an "APTONYM" because his name corresponds to what he is doing in life. He sells the "perfect" tomatoes fresh at his stand near the road and his wife makes canned tomatoes and tomato sauce with the "not so nice" ones to be sold alongside. In season, they also sell asparagus, sweet corn, strawberries, potatoes, pumpkins, you name it, they have it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Last edited by RICHARD L.; 03-08-2022 at 10:12 AM.
Views: 279
03-07-2022, 03:02 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice captures, Rich. Many thanks for sharing.

Tony
03-07-2022, 06:16 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Great sight to catch on the storm clouds.
My K10 struggles with dynamic range in sky & shadows.
But it does beautifully on fruits as yours did.
Angky.
03-08-2022, 10:10 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I gave my K10 to my daughter in Montreal. It had no provisions to correct Chromatic Aberrations in the corners of DA zooms and the CCD, while providing saturated colors, was limited in sensitivity. My little Canon compact at the time had the same resolution but not the same "Color Palette". The K10 had an awful "tiny" back screen. I didn't really hate it but I found it lacking in some departments. My daughter hasn't used it in like 5 years and the LI50 rechargeable batteries must be Kaput ! Digital cameras have improved a lot in a span of 10 - 12 years. My new K3 III is the proof.

Regards