Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Few Pictures of the other Camera that I use....
Posted By: McD, 03-13-2007, 01:52 PM

Below are some pictures from a shoot last weekend. The camera we were filming with was a Arriflex SR 16mm camera with a Zoom and a wide angle. It's not mine, I wish , it belongs to my school. Awesome camera though. The pics are from a shoot of a friend of mine's, shooting 200T Kodak film. All the following pictures were taken on my K110d. Enjoy

Views: 2,913
03-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ah, memories...

before videotape - the Arri, CP16, Bolex...there's still something about film that electronic cameras can't match. Thanks for the shots.
03-13-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
Inactive Account

nice, but it's no eclair acl!

(i just pulled my ACL out of its bag the other day -- still purrs like a kitten. A 14lb steel kitten...)
03-13-2007, 03:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jthommo Quote
before videotape - the Arri, CP16, Bolex...there's still something about film that electronic cameras can't match. Thanks for the shots.
Are you talking about the results? I think it's the flicker from the frame rate that some notice from time to time. It gives a mechanical feel to the shot. The electronic cameras are too smooth, and progressive scan, while nice, still misses that effect.

OP - Great shot of that snowboarder. That glass on your cam is huge!

03-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Are you talking about the results? I think it's the flicker from the frame rate that some notice from time to time. It gives a mechanical feel to the shot. The electronic cameras are too smooth, and progressive scan, while nice, still misses that effect.

OP - Great shot of that snowboarder. That glass on your cam is huge!
More a feeling of depth, of more natural tones, of how the eye sees; to me, the electronic image is too sharp, too two dimensional. It's a mood thing I suppose. (Disclaimer: I'm biased, having started in the television industry in 1978 during the film era and having lived through every incarnation of videotape. We are now in the process of moving over to flash memory Sony cameras.)
03-13-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
McD

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Can definatly agree on the "film" look, that's the whole reason that I got into my course is because we shoot strictly in film. Next year I get to shoot super16 which im looking forward to, and we also get to use a abundance of prime lenses. Should be fun. Thanks for the comments.
03-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Hello McD,

Nice shots from the 110D, they have that distinct like 3D look. Rich color but not overly done, totally different from that "plastic" look I often see from other digicam. Nicely done, what lens was attached to the 110, if you don't mind? and thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Rene R

03-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #8
McD

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OPTMEKX& Quote
Hello McD,

Nice shots from the 110D, they have that distinct like 3D look. Rich color but not overly done, totally different from that "plastic" look I often see from other digicam. Nicely done, what lens was attached to the 110, if you don't mind? and thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Rene R
Appreciate the comments, the lens I was using was just the 18-55 kit lens.
03-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots McD. Looks like youse guys were having fun! That is one awesome machine

NaCl(If I ain't having fun what am I doing this for?)H2O