Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Michelago Station - K3iii colour profiles
Lens: HDDA* 16-50 PLM Camera: K3iii Photo Location: Michelago, NSW ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: RobG, 03-13-2022, 03:40 AM

On my way home yesterday, I decided to take some photos of the historical train station at Michelago. Sadly, the train line was closed years ago, and attempts to operate it as a tourist line failed. I photographed the station using four of the K3iii profiles. Miyabi is slightly less saturated than Bright. The colours of Satobi are clearly more muted, like an old fashioned colour print. I'm curious what the advantage of the Infra-red profile is over post processing other than reducing the work needed.

Bright

Michelago Station
by RobGeraghty, on Flickr

Miyabi

Michelago Station

Satobi

Michelago-Station

Infra-red

Michelago Station
Views: 438
03-13-2022, 08:43 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice tests of the profiles. Which produced the most lifelike? Infra-red looks useful for some purposes.
03-13-2022, 09:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm glad to see these images just for the comparisons.
But the train station itself really piques my curiosity.
Nice images of it.
Angky.
03-14-2022, 06:11 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Nice tests of the profiles. Which produced the most lifelike? Infra-red looks useful for some purposes.
Of those, I'd say Miyabi. Bright is a little too saturated, although the orange-red was bright in the afternoon sun.

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
I'm glad to see these images just for the comparisons.
But the train station itself really piques my curiosity.
Nice images of it.
Angky.
Thank you! I'm glad they preserved the station. I'll have to get there in the morning one day to photograph the rail side without it being in shadow
Sadly, the line has been closed for many years, and now sections of the rails as well as bridges have been removed, so it will never be used again.

03-14-2022, 06:33 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
"Sadly, the line has been closed for many years, and now sections of the rails as well as bridges have been removed, so it will never be used again."

Have to wonder if sections of the rail line would be conducive to the rail-modified bicycles. There are a few stretches around here that are used for that purpose, having been abandoned by trains. A future (hopeful) photo-cruise for me if I can modify my bike and stay on it long enough.
Angky.
03-14-2022, 07:54 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
"Sadly, the line has been closed for many years, and now sections of the rails as well as bridges have been removed, so it will never be used again."
Have to wonder if sections of the rail line would be conducive to the rail-modified bicycles. There are a few stretches around here that are used for that purpose, having been abandoned by trains. A future (hopeful) photo-cruise for me if I can modify my bike and stay on it long enough.
What an interesting idea! That sounds like fun! There's lots of disused lines in Australia.