Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Grand Canyon South Rim, morning light, ARIZONA.
Camera: Canon compact Photo Location: Arizona Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 03-14-2022, 12:23 PM

Morning is the best time of the day to admire the grandeur of the Grand Canyon. Light and shadows define the topography of the land and colors vary from minute to minute. Plus you are mostly alone early in the day. Canon compact.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot SX700 HS  Photo 

Views: 320
03-14-2022, 03:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful landscape scene of the canyon. Great colors.
03-14-2022, 10:16 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The little Canon did a fine job--good travel camera.
Angky.
03-15-2022, 05:51 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
THX !

I always hated this particular Canon compact. Its zoom lens becomes unusable when facing the light, completely veiled and littered with artefacts destroying my intended images. It has almost a superzoom (something like 30X but on a small sensor) and proved very under-performing for my needs. I found my present G3X a year or two later, now THAT is a good superzoom 20 Mpx compact with a 1-inch sensor. Anyway I got a few good images with the small Canon. The SX700 cost 400 $, the G3X 1100 $, proof you always get what you pay for.

Best Regards