Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Nightaxians episode 4: fisheye and…jars of eyeballs?
Posted By: Ken Lee, 03-15-2022, 06:31 PM

New Nightaxians show. This time we discuss fisheye lens and…a jar of eyeballs? Check out our latest YouTube video podcast!

Having trouble linking photo as I usually do. Can’t see well due to surgery for retinal detachment and am on my phone because I need to keep my face down all the time.

Edit: finally was able to link photo! This is a fisheye photo, although it doesn't have a jar of eyeballs, so sorry!

#nightaxians #nightphotography #fisheye #lens #Pentax #creativity #YouTube #video #podcast

Last edited by Ken Lee; 03-17-2022 at 02:52 PM.
Views: 316
03-15-2022, 09:12 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Surely do regret to hear about the retinal detachment issue.
Angky.
03-16-2022, 08:57 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had retinal detachment in one eye and a near detachment in the other (35+ years ago). Feel free to reach out if I can offer help advice or just an ear to bounce ideas off.

I can tell you I made a full recovery and I’ve had no related issues other than floaters and worse nearsightedness (due to buckle) since.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 03-16-2022 at 09:07 AM.
03-16-2022, 10:03 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Entertaining episode. Liked the discussion about using different lens and based type of structures being captured. Sorry to learn of your eye surgery. Hope that works out well with healing.

03-17-2022, 02:45 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Surely do regret to hear about the retinal detachment issue.
Angky.
Thanks. This is my first day that I don't have to be face down. And so here I am on the Pentax Forum!!

---------- Post added 03-17-22 at 02:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I had retinal detachment in one eye and a near detachment in the other (35+ years ago). Feel free to reach out if I can offer help advice or just an ear to bounce ideas off.

I can tell you I made a full recovery and I’ve had no related issues other than floaters and worse nearsightedness (due to buckle) since.
Thanks. I guess it's just a matter of sucking it up. I still have a bubble in my eye and do not feel comfortable driving.

It’s great not to have to keep my face down. My face is very sore from eight days of that.

I walked this morning before the sun was bright. It went okay. I can see the bubble bouncing around in my eye, which is very strange looking. It also hurts a bit and creates a headache even with Tylenol, so I guess I won't be hiking or jogging any time soon.

I then got home and fell asleep on the couch for 45 minutes.

After this, I fired up the computer only to discover that an April Fool's article I submitted was mistakenly going to be posted tomorrow. Maybe I should have let that go just to see what would happen.

Still have a ways to go. Eye ache, super blurry vision, aversion to light, headaches, swelling, and whatever else. I still have to keep putting eyedrops in as well.

---------- Post added 03-17-22 at 02:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Entertaining episode. Liked the discussion about using different lens and based type of structures being captured. Sorry to learn of your eye surgery. Hope that works out well with healing.
Thanks. So glad you liked it. I am not sure why, but our viewership is going down with each episode! This always seems to happen whenever I put out something. It starts off okay, goes down, and then if we keep at it long enough, it starts going back up. I'm sure a stat nerd could account for this phenomenon.

Thanks. I think I have at least a couple of weeks to go before I can really start doing things, but at least I don't have to keep my face down any more.