Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
A Weekend in County Clare
Camera: K1-II Photo Location: County Clare, Ireland 
Posted By: nosliwmit, 03-24-2022, 01:15 AM

I spent the long St. Patrick's Day weekend in County Clare, home to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren. Here are a few photos from the weekend:

Crashing surf in Doolin Harbor (taken with my DA 70mm f2.4 Ltd):

More surf (taken with my SMC A 24mm f2.8; my D FA 21mm Ltd. is out for repair):

Cliffs of Moher (hand-held) Pano (taken with my DA 70mm f2.4 Ltd):

A hike in Burren National Park. The Burren is a 200 square mile expanse of largely exposed karst formation. It's like walking on the moon. It wasn't the right time of year but evidently it's home to spectacular diversity of flora (taken with my FA 43mm f1.9 Ltd):

A stone wall in the Burren. Walls like this cover the area. There must be hundreds of miles of hand-made rock walls. I can't imagine the amount of labor, over centuries, that went into these things (taken with my FA 43mm f1.9 Ltd):

A well-cooked HDR of Poulnabrone Dolmen. It's 5000-6000 years old and is massive. Remains of thirty-odd people were found under it. Unlike the very busy Cliffs of Moher, we had this place to ourselves for the 30 minutes we were there (taken with my FA 43mm f1.9 Ltd):

A Romanesque doorway at Dysert O'Dea Monastery (taken with my FA 43mm f1.9 Ltd):

Views: 318
03-24-2022, 09:13 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great scenic shots. The lead shot is an eye catcher leading you to the rest of the fine images. Thanks for posting. This is a site that is certainly worth visiting.
03-24-2022, 03:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Really captivated by this series!
You had those lenses doing what they were built for!
Angky.