Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
The Eternal Triangle?
Lens: HD Pentax DA 16-85mm Camera: K-70 Photo Location: Sacramento Bike Trail ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: angkymac, 04-15-2022, 06:24 PM

Walking along the bike path in the greenway near my house, I suddenly rounded a brushy corner and was surprised by these three hanging out in a dark recess in the brush.
I watched for a good while but couldn't understand what was going on--strange acting birds.
Then, it sorta began to come into focus--the social scene, I mean.
I think they might have been acting like humans!
Seemed like the little female was acting coy with the big bird--who was of a totally different specie.
He seemed to have eyes for her since he didn't have a mate of his own--or maybe he did back in the bushes somewhere and he was just "taking care of" the smaller female!
The obvious male of the right specie appeared to be getting the cold shoulder, so to speak.

I know how humans work such nonsense.
And I know how chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, and other farm birds do such things.
But I don't know how egrets go about it. Seems a bit like human behaviors!
Hope not, for their sakes!!!
Angky.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Views: 343
04-16-2022, 06:50 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Interesting interpretation. Let's hope they just haven't had their morning coffee. Looks like a nice nook for the birds to rest in the shade. Nice shot.
04-16-2022, 05:09 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A very well constructed wildlife image. Excellent work and many thanks for sharing.

Tony
04-16-2022, 07:46 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Interesting interpretation. Let's hope they just haven't had their morning coffee. Looks like a nice nook for the birds to rest in the shade. Nice shot.
Your idea about a nice nook for morning coffee seems like a good idea. Maybe I'll have to bring my thermos down here some morning and see what my camera catches!
Angky.

---------- Post added 04-16-22 at 07:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
A very well constructed wildlife image. Excellent work and many thanks for sharing.

Tony
Thank you!

That is the only time I've seen birds in that area, and it just turned out there were three white ones shining right out.
Angky.

04-16-2022, 11:14 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Angky.

Your interpretation aside Angky, it seems like an idyllic little scene, very nicely captured.
04-17-2022, 05:48 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice capture Angky. I really like way the white birds stand out in the image with the dark water and foliage.
04-18-2022, 11:45 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Your interpretation aside Angky, it seems like an idyllic little scene, very nicely captured.
Right!
That is my best interpretation--and I've been puzzling about it for the past few days--wondering if birds get into those kinds of domestic politics.
What would cause the strange kind of behavior I watched for a quarter hour? Puzzling!
But anyway, as you said, my interpretation aside, I do indeed appreciate your input on it.
It is an idyllic place to watch those birds, and I'm glad you said so!
Thanks!
Angky.

---------- Post added 04-18-22 at 11:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Very nice capture Angky. I really like way the white birds stand out in the image with the dark water and foliage.
Thank you, Todd!
I couldn't believe my good fortune to find such a triad of elegant white birds in such a setting. And they weren't flying away!
I'm glad you liked it.
Angky.