Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First try with manual lens
Posted By: Teko, 03-13-2007, 10:56 PM

SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.7

Added a bit too much contrast to the second photo, but the color of the flower itself wasn't too colorful...

Views: 2,501
03-14-2007, 03:45 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I hope you don't mind......

....... I looked at your first picture and thought this is a lovely shot, but at least in my humble opinion, could be a little more striking. So I took the liberty of doing a little work on it.

As I said, I hope you don't mind.

If you do I will delete the post.

So here goes.......

D

Oh before I forget, I did some cropping, some cloning, some replace colour, and some levels adjustment.

Last edited by dudlew; 03-14-2007 at 03:48 AM. Reason: added some info
03-14-2007, 04:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I actually like the original framing of the first shot - kind of different

The shot in the second is colourful enough for me. Just a bit overexposured... But I like it like that though
03-14-2007, 04:43 AM   #4

well there you go!!

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I actually like the original framing of the first shot - kind of different

I actually found the reflection of the photographer a bit distracting and taking away from the flower, at least to me. To each his own. that's what makes us unique

D

03-14-2007, 07:24 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
WTG Teko! I love my manual lenses! Of course I like my automatic ones too! The 50 1.7 is a great lens, I've seen some wonderful shots with it. I really like the first shot a lot. The second is OK, but like you said, a bit too much on the contrast, the composition itself however is great, I really enjoy how you got the flower stamens and the diminishing focus on the right side.

NaCl(I like flowers)H2O
03-14-2007, 06:58 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi dudlew,

I actually crop the similar framing and I have mixed feeling. I like them both.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi roentarre,

Yeah, the second photo becomes overexposure with overly contrast, but the color of the flower before photoshopped was too flat... @_@

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi NaClH2O,

Thx for the compliment, I am still learning with manual facusing, hard to get it right sometimes...
03-14-2007, 07:33 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Teko,

I like the first shot, interesting angle especially with you in the frame. Nice twist! Your second shot is very punchy and I like the way you've done the colour and controlled the contrast.

Thanks for sharing!

P.S. Dudlew, your crop was something I was thinking about as well, but not because the photographer was distracting. It was because the flower was a strong enough subject to be on its own.

Gee, is it just me or is everyone here all of a sudden pulling out their 50's? LOL

03-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I like them both, plus your crop as well dudlew.
I prefer manual focus lenses, and wouldn't give up my old glass for anything now that I've finally gotten the hang of using them