Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Cruising in San Clemente, California looking for Discount Tire to buy a new Michelin.
Camera: Canon compact Photo Location: California 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 04-21-2022, 09:38 AM

I had just busted a tire on my 2012 Grand Caravan and someone told me to go to a certain Michelin Tire Dealer that had a golden reputation in this Southern California town. The old Camino Real was very picturesque and everyone drove slowly, helping to compensate for my loss (SNIFF !) ... psychologically at least.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot SX700 HS  Photo 

Last edited by RICHARD L.; 04-21-2022 at 09:43 AM.
Views: 263
04-21-2022, 11:19 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Certainly a nice area to drive through looking for a tire shop. I might have gotten distracted. Nice view.
04-21-2022, 01:06 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I was a little uneasy driving on one of these small-size "temporary" spare tires. I thought it would take the whole day to get service. The manager was very amiable and helpful. He had exactly the tire I needed in stock and I was out on the road in less than one hour and, at a very reasonable price. I even got free tire rotation. Excellent place of business.

Regards

P.S. I checked El Camino Real in San Clemente on Google Maps today and the shop has been sold to someone else ...

Last edited by RICHARD L.; 04-21-2022 at 03:56 PM.
04-21-2022, 07:49 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That is standard business practice at Discount Tire Stores (aka America's Tire) all through this state.
As to the slow traffic through San Clemente, you will be just about the only person on that street that appreciated the slow traffic!
I used to enjoy cruising through there on my motorcycle. It has changed quite a bit in recent years.
But you got a good shot of it the way it was on that day.
Angky.

04-22-2022, 04:13 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
On an earlier visit, I was listening to an early-evening Angels ballgame on the radio commented by a local resident, RICHARD NIXON, along with the regular commentator. Memories, memories ...

Regards