Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Birds at Dogtown Lake Day 2
Lens: Pentax D FA 150-450mm Camera: K-3 III Photo Location: Dogtown Lake, AZ 
Posted By: phx.david, 05-04-2022, 03:17 PM

It was kind of quiet with the birds today. Put in a lot of hiking. The osprey looked like it was going to dive for a fish, but pulled up and didn't. I didn't think the eagle shots would come out at all as it was pretty far away, but came out okay. I just liked the lighting for the crow and it just sat there. It was really cold this morning and then the wind picked up so I didn't get the kayak out. That's where I get my best results on this lake.

Views: 351
05-04-2022, 05:48 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Really nice wildlife images. I really like the Steller's Jay images. We don't have them here. The Osprey images are sharp and very detailed. The eagle shots look good but aren't as sharp since they were shot a long range. You made the crow look noble and distinctive. Overall good results on not an ideal day. Thanks for sharing.
05-04-2022, 06:12 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A very interesting and well constructed bird photo series. Very much enjoyable. Many thanks for posting.

Tony
05-05-2022, 02:17 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That jay between a rock and a pool has some kind of mystique about it for my eye.
Angky.

05-05-2022, 03:44 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Really nice wildlife images. I really like the Steller's Jay images. We don't have them here. The Osprey images are sharp and very detailed. The eagle shots look good but aren't as sharp since they were shot a long range. You made the crow look noble and distinctive. Overall good results on not an ideal day. Thanks for sharing.
Steller's Jays are one of my favorites. Thank you

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
A very interesting and well constructed bird photo series. Very much enjoyable. Many thanks for posting.Tony
Thank you

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
That jay between a rock and a pool has some kind of mystique about it for my eye.Angky.

I feel the same. They can be a little jumpy, but let me get a reasonable distance. Thank you