Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Dogtown Lake Day 3
Lens: Pentax D FA 150-450mm Camera: K-3 III Photo Location: Dogtown Lake, AZ 
Posted By: phx.david, 05-05-2022, 03:30 PM

I was able to get the kayak out this afternoon, so some were from there. It is still too cold in the morning. The crow was playing with its food and was cracking me up.

Views: 262
05-05-2022, 03:58 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The kayak gives you a good platform for pictures on the lake. Great opportunities for close ups of the birds on the water and for overhead shot of birds searching for a meal. Without a doubt, the new lens is working well. Good detailed shots and good colors.
05-06-2022, 12:36 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These are a fine collection of aquatic birds . Eared grebes are a favorite of mine . Kayaks have been on my mind for a while now but my age is getting in the way .
05-06-2022, 11:44 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
The kayak gives you a good platform for pictures on the lake. Great opportunities for close ups of the birds on the water and for overhead shot of birds searching for a meal. Without a doubt, the new lens is working well. Good detailed shots and good colors.
Thank you. Yeah, it's been too windy to get out in it except the one day. It's probably the best lens I've ever had.

QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
These are a fine collection of aquatic birds . Eared grebes are a favorite of mine . Kayaks have been on my mind for a while now but my age is getting in the way
Thank you. I had no idea what the grebes were. Was planning to research later...thank you, saved me that. The only downside with kayaks is getting them off and on your vehicle. Most of the lakes I go to don't allow gas powered boats, so it is really peaceful being out there.