Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Bridge under Construction
Posted By: Jimbo, 12-15-2008, 07:18 PM

Got this one on the way home today. This is a local bridge that will open mid 2009. JIMBO

Last edited by Jimbo; 12-23-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Views: 2,271
12-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You have a capture of history in the making, in great light no less. Nice work Jimbo.
12-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
[QUOTE][You have a capture of history in the making, in great light no less. Nice work Jimbo.

Thank you LaRee... Wasn't sure if anyone was looking at this image. always appreciate your comments. Take Care... JIMBO
12-15-2008, 11:52 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice image of the Golden Ears Bridge Jim, now you'll have to match it with an image of the completed structure next year.

12-16-2008, 12:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice one Jimbo. Like the placement and way you captured the sun. Would like to see the completed bridge, as Heinrich mentioned.
12-16-2008, 02:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member

That's a nice capture. Liking the silhouette, and the sun shining through there. Now if only you gave the photo a slight counter-clockwise rotation to level out the horizon...
12-16-2008, 06:19 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Very nice image of the Golden Ears Bridge Jim, now you'll have to match it with an image of the completed structure next year.

QuoteQuote:
Nice one Jimbo. Like the placement and way you captured the sun. Would like to see the completed bridge, as Heinrich mentioned.
Yesterday 11:52 PM
Thank you Daz... JIM

QuoteQuote:
That's a nice capture. Liking the silhouette, and the sun shining through there. Now if only you gave the photo a slight counter-clockwise rotation to level out the horizon...

Today 12:13 AM
I never seen that until you mentioned it. I will rotate the images 1-2 degrees to see if theat helps. I was on a bit of a downhill footing at the time. May chekc out a few others I shot to see how the horizon looks. JIM

12-16-2008, 07:32 AM   #8
JMR
Veteran Member

I would call this image a semi-silhouette and it is fairly good. Careful with the horizon alterations. Sometimes it is just an illusion and there is nothing wrong with the horizon level. If you reduce your window and raise the horizon level until it touches the frame of the window, you will it is barely off. When pointing any lens up or down, the horizon tends to curve even if you line up the horizon line.

JMR

Last edited by JMR; 12-16-2008 at 04:09 PM.
12-16-2008, 11:50 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Very nice Jimbo! The sun is in right spot and the silhouette has quite a lot details. I agree with others that it will be nice to see it ready ... Maybe in similar light
12-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #10
jeffkpotter

That's perfect. They're just shy of closing the span and connecting the two parts of the bridge together and you caught it in perfect light.
12-16-2008, 01:55 PM   #11
Veteran Member

That sunburst glare really adds spark to the shot
12-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #12
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
good shot Jimbo, few years later you'll be able to say, yeah, I remember when they built it...
12-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
would call this image a semi-silhouette and it is fairly good. Careful with the horizon alterations. Sometimes it is just an illusion and there is nothing wrong with the horizon level. If you reduce your window and raise the horizon level until it touches the frame of the window, you will it is barely off. When pointing any lens up or down, the horizon tends to curve even if you line up the horizon line.

JMR
Thansk JMR... I checked the the horizon is ok. Could be the wide angle lens I used for the shot. Always appreciate your comments ans suggestions. JIMBO
12-16-2008, 06:16 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Construction has its own beauty

cheers
12-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Very nice Jimbo! The sun is in right spot and the silhouette has quite a lot details. I agree with others that it will be nice to see it ready ... Maybe in similar light
Thanks Kurt... wondering where you have been mate... Always appreciate you looking at my hobby! Cheers JIMBO

QuoteQuote:
That's perfect. They're just shy of closing the span and connecting the two parts of the bridge together and you caught it in perfect light.
Today 11:50 AM
Thanks Jeff. Mean a lot coming from you and hopefully one day I will be at your level. JIMBO

QuoteQuote:
That sunburst glare really adds spark to the shot
Thnank James. I missed a good one tonight be was able to get some really early shots this morning I will post later. JIM

QuoteQuote:
good shot Jimbo, few years later you'll be able to say, yeah, I remember when they built it...
Thanks Big guy!! Cheers and I will get back here when it opens. JIM