Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
Spring Greenery in Texas Hill Country
Lens: DA* 300mm f4 and DA*60-250 Camera: K-3II Photo Location: Boerne, TX 
Posted By: ToddK, 05-07-2022, 07:49 AM

We have some very nice nature trails in the development where I live that traverse along the slopes of the wooded hills. Besides looking for birds and wildlife, I enjoy photographing interesting leaves and plant life of the hill country.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 505
05-07-2022, 10:45 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice idea to show off the non-wildlife side of nature. Very nice selection of images captured. We have many trails around here where wildlife is a secondary interest. While some offer great scenes others offer an abundance of items to view. Thanks for posting this nice series.
05-07-2022, 04:07 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have to agree with everything Mike commented on +10. Wonderful photography, friend.

Tony
05-07-2022, 07:41 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The creative use of DOF in these shots piques a lot of interest.

05-07-2022, 09:18 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You have some lovely closeups here. Spring in the north is really a different experience to Australia!
05-08-2022, 06:28 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Terrific series, Todd. The Hill Country is a great area!

Jer
05-08-2022, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Nice idea to show off the non-wildlife side of nature. Very nice selection of images captured. We have many trails around here where wildlife is a secondary interest. While some offer great scenes others offer an abundance of items to view. Thanks for posting this nice series.
Thank Mike! It is a relaxing way to spend an hour or two, and there is almost always something new to see.
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I have to agree with everything Mike commented on +10. Wonderful photography, friend.

Tony
Thank you so much Tony!
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
The creative use of DOF in these shots piques a lot of interest.
Thanks EM!
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
You have some lovely closeups here. Spring in the north is really a different experience to Australia!
Thanks Rob! What is interesting is how much different it is here in Texas from California, even though there are a lot of similarities between Texas Hill Country and the lower Sierra Foothills where I was in CA.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Terrific series, Todd. The Hill Country is a great area!

Jer
Thanks Jer! The Hill Country is definitely an interesting area.

05-08-2022, 02:41 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Really beautiful series, Todd. Thanks for capturing and sharing!
05-08-2022, 03:52 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Thanks Rob! What is interesting is how much different it is here in Texas from California, even though there are a lot of similarities between Texas Hill Country and the lower Sierra Foothills where I was in CA.
I don't remember much about Texas from when I saw it 40 years ago. A straight interstate across very flat land where I may have been armadillos and roadrunners. The only place I think we stayed in Texas was San Antonio, on the way from New Orleans to Carlsbad Caverns.
05-08-2022, 04:55 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
I don't remember much about Texas from when I saw it 40 years ago. A straight interstate across very flat land where I may have been armadillos and roadrunners. The only place I think we stayed in Texas was San Antonio, on the way from New Orleans to Carlsbad Caverns.
Boerne, where I live is about 30 to 40 minutes to the northwest of San Antonio. The Hill Country isn't really much for hills, the ridges are around 1,800 to 2,000 feet in elevation versus San Antonio at around 600 feet. However, they are limestone and have many interesting caves and rock formations as well as interesting plants and wildlife. Around here they call armadillos Texas speed bumps.

---------- Post added 05-08-22 at 04:12 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Really beautiful series, Todd. Thanks for capturing and sharing!
Thank you for your very nice comment Julie!
05-08-2022, 06:17 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Boerne, where I live is about 30 to 40 minutes to the northwest of San Antonio. The Hill Country isn't really much for hills, the ridges are around 1,800 to 2,000 feet in elevation versus San Antonio at around 600 feet. However, they are limestone and have many interesting caves and rock formations as well as interesting plants and wildlife. Around here they call armadillos Texas speed bumps.
I live in a country where the "Great Dividing Range" is mostly less than 1500m high (below 5,000 feet) and the highest peak on the mainland is only 2,228m (7,309ft). So 2,000 foot high hills sound significant to me (but not in comparison to the Rockies and the high Sierra). It sounds like an interesting area! I heard that Armadillos had a defense mechanism (jumping when surprised) which tended to increase the likelihood of trucks taking them out. I certainly saw a lot on the sides of that Interstate, whether it was in Texas or New Mexico.