Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
An old Kodachrome of my Uncle Emile giving me a tour of his garden.
Lens: Minolta MC 35 mm f/1.8 HH Camera: Minolta XE-7 Photo Location: Quebec, CANADA ISO: 64 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 05-07-2022, 09:43 AM

An old scanned slide from my Archives. My Uncle Emile was profundly deaf and used the Sign Language to communicate. He remained with the mentality of a 10-year old all his life, marveling at a flower, a sunset or a partridge when hunting. He was very photogenic, always enjoying being photographed and being with his family. He was the older brother of my mother and I look a lot like him. He lived a happy life until the end. The picture was taken in the 1980's with a black Minolta XE-7 body (you know, with the awesome Leitz vertical focal-plane shutter) + a Minolta MC 35 mm f/1.8 HH lens on Kodachrome 64.

Views: 371
05-07-2022, 01:34 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice image, Richard. He does look like he was enjoying life.
05-07-2022, 02:38 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A very lovely capture. I don't remember what it was like to be that happy.

Tony
05-09-2022, 03:51 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks.

My Uncle didn't have a single care in the world. He spent his whole life like someone on vacation. He had his beloved horses, went hunting and fishing often, he had some family woodland where he cut logs and sold them for a surprising amount of money and above all, he loved his family. Need I say he was a giant of a man, strong as an ox ... I know where my genetic background comes from. His father (my maternal grandfather) was 6 feet tall and weighed 300 pounds lean as a nail. He was born in 1889 and was a giant by this era's standards, where most men were like 5' 2".

Regards

05-09-2022, 06:34 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Reminds me of my own dad showing his grand tomatoes.
Good image of somebody you value!
Angky.
05-09-2022, 07:53 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like the photo, the three subjects - your uncle, living life to one's fullest while expressing joy and happiness, gardening, and the narrative.

I am not sure that you covered just three subjects, your photojournalism covered a lot.
05-11-2022, 04:47 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
THX !

Sometimes the best immemorial images are the simplest ... I wrote texts during all of my career, from lessons for my College students to speeches for Government officials. My pencil has been sharpened more than once ... lol !