Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Evening
Lens: DFA 150-450 Camera: K3iii Photo Location: Canberra, Australia ISO: 10000 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: RobG, 05-08-2022, 03:56 AM

Evening Escapee

I swear this Bassian Thrush was asking me to look the other way before it flew through a gap in the fence of the Botanic Gardens.

Evening escape
by RobGeraghty, on Flickr

Evening drink

The Gang Gang cockatoos were drinking from a pool of water in a tree hollow.

Evening drink

Evening meal

This Crimson Rosella was stuffing down a little bit more before looking for a place to roost.

Evening meal

Evening calls

A New Holland Honeyeater was laying claim to his territory before darkness fell.

Evening Calls

Evening falls

There have been some extraordinary colours recently, which I believe are caused by the Samoan volcanic eruption.

Samoa sunset in Canberra

Evening falls slowly

Half an hour later, it still wasn't dark, but the light had faded to a deep purple (a fire in the sky?).

Deep purple
Views: 268
05-08-2022, 06:08 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Fantastic series Rob, all fitting your theme perfectly! The Honeyeater shot is amazing, 1/125 second, 450mm, at 10,000 ISO. Wow!
05-08-2022, 06:11 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Marvelous group of photos, Rob.

Jer
05-08-2022, 06:57 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful collection of images. Those Botanic gardens are a great area for area for viewing and photographing Australian birds. Nice shooting. The sunset photos do have have a different color. Dust storms and fires out west give a different tint to our sunsets.

05-08-2022, 04:00 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Fantastic series Rob, all fitting your theme perfectly! The Honeyeater shot is amazing, 1/125 second, 450mm, at 10,000 ISO. Wow!
Thanks! The light was getting poor - the gardens are shaded by Black Mountain in the afternoon.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Marvelous group of photos, Rob.
Thanks Jer!

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Wonderful collection of images. Those Botanic gardens are a great area for area for viewing and photographing Australian birds. Nice shooting. The sunset photos do have have a different color. Dust storms and fires out west give a different tint to our sunsets.
The gardens are great for finding a variety of birds in a relatively small space - I walked about a mile (1.6km). That huge explosion near Samoa has put a lot of material into the atmosphere; a similar thing happened years ago with Mount Pinatubo. A friend sent me photos from Fiji of even more amazing colours in the sky. Unfortunately the camera doesn't seem to be able to get sunset tones right - I wish there was a sunset colour balance mode!