Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Bees and flowers via CCD sensor
Lens: Tamron SP AF 90mm f2.5 (52EP) Camera: Pentax K200D Photo Location: Lviv ISO: 100 Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Jaroslav, 05-10-2022, 05:50 AM

Hello,

Back in 2013 I bought my first DSLR, the K10D. I attached my various SMC-M lenses to it and really liked it Velvia-like colors. However, the previous owner was a wedding photographer (now I know what this means!). Camera was at about 100K clicks and died very soon. Bought used K-30 then with 3K clicks only in it. In 3 years - aperture block failure. Then I got K-01 as an replacement and I like both how it works and the output, but not the need to hold it as a smartphone (and now also needing reading glasses), especially with heavier lens. Then, using this forums tutorials, I fixed K-30 and now have two cameras with identical (or, almost identical?) CMOS sensor. I like the output, especially at higher ISO, and, to be honest, do not need higher class camera for my occasional photo exercises. But, still puzzled on whether the discussion on the CMOS and CCD sensor rendering is something real or more subjective. Therefore, when I saw a local advert on like new K-200D with 6K clicks, I gave it a green light. It is not going to replace K-30 for its universality, but is seen as a specialized tool for ISO 100 shootout of something with much emphasize on color. Like flowers, or blossom. And busy bees working on them. So, here we are, back to K10D CCD sensor!

I shoot raw but am not as advanced yet to benefit of all sliders on RawTherapee, instead I use a raw plugin in XnView and add some levels/gamma adjustment and unsharp mark. Haven't perform comparison between K200D and K-30 of the same scenes, but I like the colors and rendering from K-200D obtained using the way described. Lens: Tamron SP AF 90mm f2.5 (52EP) at f5.6. Nothing special but hope you would enjoy some of these.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 

Last edited by Jaroslav; 05-10-2022 at 06:02 AM.
Views: 320
05-10-2022, 05:57 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like the camera and lens combo.performed well together. Very good details and good colors.
05-10-2022, 06:13 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Looks like the camera and lens combo.performed well together. Very good details and good colors.
Thanks, MikeNArk. Indeed, that was partly a test how this combo will work together (esp. focus speed, front/back focusing, etc.). So far, seems fine. Slower focusing than on K-30, K-200D performs more small adjustments, one needs to wait more patiently for the beep/diamond confirmation. And concerning the subject: bees are so quick working, many shots were either out of focus or missing the moment!