Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
An Impression of Compression
Lens: DA*300 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Texas Sea Center ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Sailor, 05-10-2022, 03:12 PM

A few days ago, I enjoyed photographing a remarkable variety of marshland birds at our local Texas Sea Center. When I walked back to the parking lot, I couldn't resist aiming my DA*300 at my new M3; I like the effect of "compression" when photographing cars so I popped off a few shots. None of them were special, but I learned that it may well be challenging to capture the color of the car in a way that matches that seen and and interpreted by the human eyeball and brain. I also should have opened the lens a bit more to better delineate the car from the background. Dealing with these and other issues is for another day; I'm currently in bird mode.

Jer

Views: 256
05-10-2022, 04:11 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice shot Jer. Your car would look great in an image along a road somewhere taken wide open to get that 3D isolation effect. It is such a gorgeous car!
05-10-2022, 08:05 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Can't fault that shot. That car is really stylish. It would be hard to not notice that car. Enjoy.
05-10-2022, 08:23 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I study an awesome photograph as this one and have to shout: "Slow Down, Jer, or you'll get ticketed." Love this vehicle. Thanks again. Tony.
"

05-10-2022, 08:23 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That really is a lovely Green colour
05-11-2022, 07:11 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Very nice shot Jer. Your car would look great in an image along a road somewhere taken wide open to get that 3D isolation effect. It is such a gorgeous car!
Thanks, Todd. And you're right - I've learned that my 300 is perfect for that, but I have to be in a place where I can far enough from the car.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Can't fault that shot. That car is really stylish. It would be hard to not notice that car. Enjoy.
Hey, Mike - thanks much.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I study an awesome photograph as this one and have to shout: "Slow Down, Jer, or you'll get ticketed." Love this vehicle. Thanks again. Tony.
"
Thanks, buddy and you're right - with 503 HP, this thing could really get me in trouble if I'm not careful.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
That really is a lovely Green colour
Thanks much, my friend.

Jer