Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Defying Gravity
Lens: Irix 15mm f2.4 Firefly Camera: K-3II Photo Location: Boerne, TX ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F10 
Posted By: ToddK, 05-21-2022, 07:21 AM

The lateral lower limbs of a native live oak tree in my neighborhood. I am still trying to figure out a more interesting way to photograph them, and since it probably isn't going anywhere soon, I should have more opportunities.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 305
05-21-2022, 02:45 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's one interesting way. I kind of like them suspended out there over a nice background scene. Pretty light, colors and details. Waiting for the next interesting shot.
05-21-2022, 06:16 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Those huge lateral limbs of the large oaks always attract my camera eye as well.
I've never found the way to depict them in their full-on astonishing lateral suspension.
I like what you've done here; I might take this as a pattern on some of the oaks around my area and see what comes of it.
Angky.
05-21-2022, 08:43 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wonderful angle of view with amazing composition. Gotta love those Irix lenses, so sharp I'll wager you must wear safety gloves or you will slice your hand wide open. Thanks so much for the

treat.

Tony

05-22-2022, 02:50 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
and since it probably isn't going anywhere soon, I should have more opportunities.
A fine piece of imagery, a word to the wise... go make the most of all this tree has to offer, right now.

I had a similar scenario here, one good puff of storm wind and hundreds of years lay on the deck.
05-22-2022, 05:31 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
That's one interesting way. I kind of like them suspended out there over a nice background scene. Pretty light, colors and details. Waiting for the next interesting shot.
Thanks Mike!
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Those huge lateral limbs of the large oaks always attract my camera eye as well.
I've never found the way to depict them in their full-on astonishing lateral suspension.
I like what you've done here; I might take this as a pattern on some of the oaks around my area and see what comes of it.
Angky.
Thanks Angky! I wish I had a wider lens than the 15mm or even a fisheye lens. I would like to see what they would do.
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Wonderful angle of view with amazing composition. Gotta love those Irix lenses, so sharp I'll wager you must wear safety gloves or you will slice your hand wide open. Thanks so much for the

treat.

Tony
Thank you Tony! I agree with your impression of the Irix lens. It definitely gets the job done.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
A fine piece of imagery, a word to the wise... go make the most of all this tree has to offer, right now.

I had a similar scenario here, one good puff of storm wind and hundreds of years lay on the deck.
Thanks KD! Funny, I was thinking about that last night as a severe thunderstorm was rolling through. Those limbs have a huge amount of weight hanging out there.
05-23-2022, 10:09 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful composition, Todd. Nice work, indeed.

Jer