Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Even When You're Just Showing Off!
Lens: SMC PENTAX-FA 1:4.5~5.6 80~320MM LENS Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Neighborhood ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Tonytee, 05-21-2022, 06:00 PM

Have not used this lens for some time, so I decided to try my luck on my neighbor's house at the end of our street. Of course I had to remove the house number and the

numbers on the License Plate. You can see numbers on the green box to the right of the image. The lens was hand held while sitting on my Rollator Walker. I could have

sworn that I brought the image in all the way at 320mm, however the EXIF Data reveals only 80mm. Other than a little leveling and cropping from right to left, the image is

pretty much SOOC. I am impressed with the sharpness hand held on a day with harsh sunlight. Cannot locate a lens hood for this lens.

Thnx very much for viewing. Tony
Views: 169
05-21-2022, 06:29 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Looks like lens, camera, and shooter handled it all very well.
Makes me wish I could get back up to those Western Oregon neighborhoods.
Angky.
05-21-2022, 07:10 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It does look like the lens performed well. I purchased a lens hood off Amazon for my copy of this lens. It screws into the filter threads. I also bought a lens cap to fit the lens hood. I believe it is 2 mm larger than the lens filter size.
05-22-2022, 02:55 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Looks like lens, camera, and shooter handled it all very well.
Makes me wish I could get back up to those Western Oregon neighborhoods.
Angky.

I thank you kindly there, Angky.

Tony

---------- Post added 05-22-22 at 02:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
It does look like the lens performed well. I purchased a lens hood off Amazon for my copy of this lens. It screws into the filter threads. I also bought a lens cap to fit the lens hood. I believe it is 2 mm larger than the lens filter size.

Hello Mike and many thanks for your review. I wonder if you would mind sending a photo of the lens hood, please. Let me know.

Tony

05-22-2022, 03:55 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I thank you kindly there, Angky.

Tony

---------- Post added 05-22-22 at 02:56 PM ----------

Hello Mike and many thanks for your review. I wonder if you would mind sending a photo of the lens hood, please. Let me know.

Sent you some pics of the hood via PM. Mike

Tony
Sent some pics of the lens hood via PM.
Mike