Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Across Lake Tahoe
Lens: HD Pentax DA 16-85mm Camera: K-70 Photo Location: Lake Tahoe Mountains ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: angkymac, 05-21-2022, 06:02 PM

Looking across Lake Tahoe from Emerald Bay State Park to Monument Peak.
A late arriving snow storm covered the high elevations with a nice light blanket that had been melting for a day as I got there.
Angky.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Views: 386
05-21-2022, 06:49 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is an interesting landscape. Impressive boulders, and a window through the trees to view a snow covered mountain. Lots of elements to view and great contrasts between all of them. I like the way that he dark trees frame the view of the pretty sky and mountain top. Well composed and captured shot.
05-21-2022, 09:10 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
An interesting composition. I find myself wanting to see more of the distant peak.
05-22-2022, 06:06 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A very nice composition Angky! The combination of the boulders in the foreground and the two large trees do a nice job of drawing my eye to the bright mountain in the distance.

05-22-2022, 04:46 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot. Interesting foreground and background, including detail.
05-23-2022, 01:07 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
That is an interesting landscape. Impressive boulders, and a window through the trees to view a snow covered mountain. Lots of elements to view and great contrasts between all of them. I like the way that he dark trees frame the view of the pretty sky and mountain top. Well composed and captured shot.
Appreciate the note, Mike.
This is one of those cases where the image didn't require any pre-visualization; it was just there!
Angky.

---------- Post added 05-23-22 at 01:10 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
An interesting composition. I find myself wanting to see more of the distant peak.
Thank you for your observation.
The photo does make one want to see more of the mountain, but on closer inspection, it turns out to be covered in "touristy" modifications. Looks good at a distance, but closer, well, still pretty, but no longer pristine.
Angky.

---------- Post added 05-23-22 at 01:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
A very nice composition Angky! The combination of the boulders in the foreground and the two large trees do a nice job of drawing my eye to the bright mountain in the distance.
Thank you, Todd.
The whole scene was already set up by the advance guys--the set builders. I just came along and snapped the shutter!
Well, I had to do a good deal of light balancing in post--very wide dynamic range in the image that I did not pre-set my camera to.
Angky.

---------- Post added 05-23-22 at 01:15 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Nice shot. Interesting foreground and background, including detail.
Thank you for your note.
The detail was one of the things I was testing with that camera-lens combo. It turned out fairly well.
Angky.