Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Garvan Gardens flowers shot with the wrong lens.
Lens: Sigma 135-400 APO Camera: Pentax KP Photo Location: Garvan Gardens, Hot Springs ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F10 
Posted By: MikeNArk, 05-26-2022, 07:34 AM

My wife and I were out of town doing some clean up tasks and since we were not far from Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs, we decided to stop by for a tour. Unfortunately, the only lens that I had was the Sigma 135-400 on my KP. Here are some images from that visit.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Last edited by MikeNArk; 05-26-2022 at 07:47 AM. Reason: added images
Views: 247
05-26-2022, 11:57 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice, Mike! You turned "having the wrong lens with you" into "having the right one"

Photos like these serve as excellent encouragement to step outside our norms and try uncommon subject / focal length combinations. Usually, the limitations are more to do with being able to position yourself at the required distance from the subject, and including or excluding background elements depending on the field of view...
05-26-2022, 12:39 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Very nice, Mike! You turned "having the wrong lens with you" into "having the right one"

Photos like these serve as excellent encouragement to step outside our norms and try uncommon subject / focal length combinations. Usually, the limitations are more to do with being able to position yourself at the required distance from the subject, and including or excluding background elements depending on the field of view...
Thank you very much. When I returned home and looked at the images that I had, I was happy with them. You are correct about the difficulty in positioning for the shots, but I also found that the added focal length enabled taking some shots. The camera and lens performed well together.
05-26-2022, 08:48 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nothing wrong with that lens--looks like it was a good one to have with you.
Shot number 7 pleasantly surprised me as I scrolled through your images--something about its symmetry and the "free-floating" curved top against a similarly colored background.
Angky.

05-27-2022, 07:21 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Nothing wrong with that lens--looks like it was a good one to have with you.
Shot number 7 pleasantly surprised me as I scrolled through your images--something about its symmetry and the "free-floating" curved top against a similarly colored background.
Angky.
Thanks Angky. I do use this lens a lot, but mostly for birds and other wildlife. It is a good lens, but normally, when I go to Garvan Gardens, I take a much shorter zoom lens. I'm glad that you liked the images. I also liked the symmetry of that image. The day worked out out well. Just had to adjust the way I shot and composed the images.