Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Great Sand Dunes Nat'l Park, COLORADO
Lens: FA* 80-200 mm f/2.8 ED Camera: Pentax K1 Photo Location: Colorado ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 05-27-2022, 07:46 AM

To access Great Sand Dunes Nat'l Park, you have to get really out of your way, as the park is located in the middle of nowhere in southwestern Colorado. After spending the night in the park's campground, I woke up early and went to observe the effect of the morning light on the dunes. As usual there was nobody else around to witness the magnificent sidelight, creating shadows and texture on the dunes and on the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the distance. I then noticed these two isolated pine trees. I had never seen a picture anywhere of these pines before and I found they created a lovely picture in themselves.

I was using my new Pentax K1 + FA* 80-200 mm f/2.8 ED zoom and came back with this image.

Views: 204
05-27-2022, 09:17 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice capture in good light. It brings out the colors in the scene.
05-28-2022, 07:05 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks !

A very lonely place located far from everything. There is nothing else much to see in the San Juan Valley. This old FA* lens is maligned in test reviews but my copy has always produced magnificent images.

Regards