Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Hummingbird Day at the Riparian
Lens: Pentax D FA 150-450mm Camera: K-3 III Photo Location: Gilbert, AZ 
Posted By: phx.david, 05-28-2022, 10:21 AM

Saw the pictures of the Ibis at the Riparian and took a drive down there. Didn't see them, but it was a good day for hummingbirds.

Views: 251
05-28-2022, 10:26 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nicely detailed shots, sharp. Hummingbirds haven't shown up in my neighborhood yet. We have had some unseasonably cool and wet weather lately. Not complaining. The heat will be on soon.
05-28-2022, 10:31 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Nicely detailed shots, sharp. Hummingbirds haven't shown up in my neighborhood yet. We have had some unseasonably cool and wet weather lately. Not complaining. The heat will be on soon.
Thank you. We went early to beat the heat and got out of there before it hit. It's that time of year here, months of 100s ahead.
05-28-2022, 11:32 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by phx.david Quote
Saw the pictures of the Ibis at the Riparian and took a drive down there. Didn't see them, but it was a good day for hummingbirds.

I think reports of the Ibis drew a lot of people today. They were in the south end of pond 6 two days ago but haven’t been seen since. They do move around so they will probably be back. Nice series.

05-28-2022, 02:53 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great Hummingbird photos. We have more feeders for these creatures than we can shake a stick at and it is getting to be a P.I.A., having to refill them so often. The weather this spring has been

dreadful with cold temperatures, hard driving winds and rains causing the flower gardens to be late in growing and blooming. Less nectar and fewer insects to complete their menu. Thanks for posting.

Tony
05-28-2022, 03:26 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The last photo of this very productive series is my favorite .
05-28-2022, 03:30 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Outstanding hummingbird captures. They are very sharp and detailed. Good work!

05-29-2022, 05:02 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kiddo70 Quote
I think reports of the Ibis drew a lot of people today. They were in the south end of pond 6 two days ago but haven’t been seen since. They do move around so they will probably be back. Nice series.
Thank you. I saw quite a few people around pond 6. I probably won't make another trip there now until it starts cooling off.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Great Hummingbird photos. We have more feeders for these creatures than we can shake a stick at and it is getting to be a P.I.A., having to refill them so often. The weather this spring has beendreadful with cold temperatures, hard driving winds and rains causing the flower gardens to be late in growing and blooming. Less nectar and fewer insects to complete their menu. Thanks for posting.Tony
Thank you. I like the hummingbirds, but they are very challenging in the wild. I think these are about the best I've gotten.

QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
The last photo of this very productive series is my favorite .
Thank you. That last one really shouldn't have come out as well as it did. I had the shutter speed too slow for that lens and a moving target. I had shot a picture of a squirrel in a shadowy area and didn't speed it up.

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Outstanding hummingbird captures. They are very sharp and detailed. Good work!
Thank you